Hours per Gallon

/ Hours per Gallon #11  
Well when you buy 100 gallons at a time it is easy to figure the average. The Kubota 3010 That I traded back in December went 150 hours on the 1st 100 Gallons.

I wish you well

Gil

/ Hours per Gallon #12  
My Power Trac PT425 is 25HP Kohler gas engine(same as a lot of lawn tractors). It runs at 3600 RPM almost constantly in order to provide power to the all hydraulic everything. It uses about a gallon of gasoline per hour.

My IH2500B was a 4 cylinder gas engine HST tractor with about 50 PTO HP. MUCH larger engine, but it also used about a gallon per hour.

As reported by Bird, Mark's Earth Force is a TLB with a Kubota turbocharged diesel. It could outwork most machines on this board and it uses less than .6 gallons per hour!

Tough question to answer /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hours per Gallon #13  
With a 5410 in thick blown down grass with a disc mower I measure by gallons per hour. Twenty gallons will get you around 8 hours. But I can bale 10 hours on 3/4 of a tank and load for days on 5 gallons. That's about the only implement that I can really tell the difference on besides the disc and plow.

Patrick

/ Hours per Gallon #14  
NH TC18, 18 HP, seems to go about 10 hours on a 5 gallon tank of fuel, sometimes less. That makes it .5 gallon/hour or a little more.

I'm not sure of the right terminology, but the hourmeter must be clock-based - it will always click off an hour as if it had been running constantly around 1800 RPM, regardless of the actual RPM.

We've used 4-55 gallon drums of fuel in 150+ hours, but some was used to start brush fires and some for a rental tractor. That's in about 3 months.

/ Hours per Gallon #15  
i usually use a 1g/hr figure. running at pto speed a little more, at loader speed a little less but on average 1 gal. /hr.. i never really take that into consideration. the fuel used is worth it, saves on my back and so much fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hours per Gallon #16  
If the compact and sub compact tractors were tested by the Nebraska Tractor Testing facility we would have the GPH specs on all of the tractors and could make a more informed decision on our purchases.

/ Hours per Gallon #17  
My B7500 gets about 10 hours of FEL work per tankful (5gal). I'm amazed at the fuel economy in light of how hard I work it.

Ken

/ Hours per Gallon #18  
I have a Kubota B2910 w/40 hours. I have averaged 6/10 gal.per hour. Some plowing and using disc, but mostly using finishing mower.

/ Hours per Gallon #19  
Don - My TC18 is rpm depenedent. When mowing at 2,600 rpm I get almost 1.5 hours "meter time" in 1 hour "real time". I think the owners manual states at what rpm 1 "meter" hour = 1 "real" hour.

Maybe they changed it on the new model?

Anyhow - I get about .5 gal/hour for loader work & snowplowing. Closer to .75 gal / hour for mowing - 2,600 rpm