How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow !

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #11  
Oh yeah, wonder if he's offering free shipping. :laughing:

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #12  
Thats the type thing that they pull with D7 or so for forestry site prep, just like it says. Jesup is comfortably seated in the countries "wood basket". When we have site prep done around here the guy shows up with a D8 crawler and we have him bed it up. The attachment he uses be hind the tractor is a subsoiler upfront that is about 5 feet tall then a disk on each side thats around 4 ft in diameter. One disk turns dirt from the center the other throws it back into the center. End result is a raised be of about 12-18" depending on setting i guess that is subsoiled down about 4-5 feet to allow new seedlins to penetrate the hardpan, that is plowed allong the countours.

Its pretty impressive to watch, site prep is usually done after a summer of sitting fallow, so stumps have had some time to rot, but where talking some stumps easily 24" in diameter, that sub soiler will easily bust them in 2, splitting them like a giant knife, often times pulling half of it out of the ground. I will try and dig some pics up of it in action.

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #13  
I would have to win lottery to work it...more land,200hp tractor.

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #16  
The picture on Craig's List doesn't give me feel of just how massive that thing is, but this picture on Amco's website does:

g2-1.jpg

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #17  
I guess this is a TX/southwest to-deal-with-Mesquite solution?

i dont see it doing much to 20" hardwood stumps left after "land clearing" from the midwest and to the east.

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #18  
I guess this is a TX/southwest to-deal-with-Mesquite solution?

i dont see it doing much to 20" hardwood stumps left after "land clearing" from the midwest and to the east.

I don't think that these huge discs are intended for any kind of stump removal. :eek: I believe that they are usually used on farms and till the earth from 12"-18" deep. Yes they will cut up a 6"-8" limb, but I doubt that that is what they are intended for. :confused3:

/ How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #19  
Some of them are used for disking just after the trees are cleared out. :D

Attachments

• Rome disk.jpg
    Rome disk.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 106
   / How about this $25,000.00 Attachment ? Wow ! #20  
A lot of site prep disks used here in the coastal plain have disks anywhere from 4-6 feet tall!! That can be used in a chip-n-saw sized pine stand after clearcut it will help tear up some smaller stumps and bust up the hard clay for water penetration as well as tear up some hardwood roots. This of course proliferates sweetgum.