How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)?

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #1  

dbchaplin03

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, Wright StanderX 61”
We bought a brand new Kubota L6060 with a heavy duty box blade, bucket, loader, 3rd function, 3 sets of rear remotes, pallet forks, and a post hole auger all out the door for $45K back in April 2020 which was about 11% under MSRP at the time. Less than a year later we got unexpected orders to move overseas with the military. We are moving back to the states this summer and trying to buy our forever property.

I still have the quotes we received when I bought that L6060 because we were also looking at the M7060, MX6000, and a Kioti Rx7320.

When pricing a new MX6000 on the Kubota website now, they are more than we paid for the L6060 which is unbelievable in 3+ years especially considering that the L6060 was significantly more expensive than the MX6000 and the M7060. I know COVID delays and inflation but are tractor prices really $10K+ more than they were just 3-4 years ago still?

Just wondering what people are seeing for prices if there is a certain % below MSRP that can be expected? When pricing our last the dealers ranged from about 7-11% below msrp and we got quotes from a half dozen dealers in SW Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.

The next Tractor will be depend on the property we end up with but it’s disheartening to see the prices out there on websites. To put it in perspective a new Kioti RX7320 with cab, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes etc. was a little over $40K and now I’m seeing them online at multiple dealers for $49-50K.

I’ve enjoyed my 20 years in the military but once in a while the forced moves are super costly.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #2  
My research has lead me to believe that historically, tractor prices increase 3-5% annually, regardless of brand or model.
The 3-5% annual price increases that I’ve identified were before COVID19 and the inflation we’re experiencing today. Today’s prices seem like they’re even higher. But, I haven’t done any comparisons in the last year.

Mike

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #3  
All dealers offer different pricing… you’d really have to speak to the dealers you’d be buying from to get a price. I was quoted four different prices on my tractor, and I didn’t go with the lowest due to proximity and dealer.

Last edited:
   / How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #4  
When I bought my last 2 tractors they were around 10% under Kubota's MSRP. During covid that was not the case, as stock was limited, allowing dealers to get MSRP. I'm sure there were some dealers pricing well above MSRP but I wasn't shopping at that time.
I suspect the 10% under is more the norm now that things have settled down.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #6  
Take a look at the steep spike in the money supply in 2020 on top of the increases in the money supply since 2008. That's why prices went crazy.

Attachments

• fredgraph.pdf
    42.5 KB · Views: 179
   / How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #7  
Are tractors really $10k more than three years ago? Yes. Especially some manufacturers.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #8  
Im not really sure b/c i haven't actually went to the dealer and haggled. But the prices I see today are astonishing high. Its unfortunate.

/ How are actual sale prices vs MSRP currently for Kubotas (or other manufactures)? #9  
We bought a brand new Kubota L6060 with a heavy duty box blade, bucket, loader, 3rd function, 3 sets of rear remotes, pallet forks, and a post hole auger all out the door for $45K back in April 2020 which was about 11% under MSRP at the time. Less than a year later we got unexpected orders to move overseas with the military. We are moving back to the states this summer and trying to buy our forever property.

I still have the quotes we received when I bought that L6060 because we were also looking at the M7060, MX6000, and a Kioti Rx7320.

When pricing a new MX6000 on the Kubota website now, they are more than we paid for the L6060 which is unbelievable in 3+ years especially considering that the L6060 was significantly more expensive than the MX6000 and the M7060. I know COVID delays and inflation but are tractor prices really $10K+ more than they were just 3-4 years ago still?

Just wondering what people are seeing for prices if there is a certain % below MSRP that can be expected? When pricing our last the dealers ranged from about 7-11% below msrp and we got quotes from a half dozen dealers in SW Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.

The next Tractor will be depend on the property we end up with but it’s disheartening to see the prices out there on websites. To put it in perspective a new Kioti RX7320 with cab, 3rd function, 3 rear remotes etc. was a little over $40K and now I’m seeing them online at multiple dealers for $49-50K.

I’ve enjoyed my 20 years in the military but once in a while the forced moves are super costly.
Stop looking at Kubota and start looking at Yanmar, but only if you are smart!