How are the fall colors in New England

/ How are the fall colors in New England #1  

David Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
The wife and I came up last year to not much color, same as we had here. This year seems late, only a few trees starting to turn. So next week she is off work and we plan on going again,To some of the same places and some we missed last year.
So are your colors late this year like ours.

David

/ How are the fall colors in New England #2  
It's coming along normally Imo. Not real bright yet and we did have a dry summer that they say can lessen the colors.

/ How are the fall colors in New England #3  
We just came back from down east Maine this last Saturday, we stayed a week near Acadia. Its just starting to turn in that area.

/ How are the fall colors in New England #4  
I think we are running about 2 weeks late. It’s been a long hot summer with lots of rain in the past month. Drove around today and I estimate we just started, like 10% or less. When the sun comes out Wednesday they will turn fast,

/ How are the fall colors in New England #5  
Same here along I-84 at the western edge of the taxed-to-death state of Connecticut. Way too much rain this Summer and no cold snap yet to trigger the change in the trees.

Weather-guesser on the news tonight said unseasonably warm (70's-80's daytime, 50's nighttime) temps the next two weeks'll further push the colors out towards November.

/ How are the fall colors in New England #6  
Definitely running late. Columbus Day is often peak week, but trees here have not started changing yet. Will be late October in CT.

Here's a prior year pic from my backyard on Oct 11. Everything is completely green right now.

_DSC7781.JPG

/ How are the fall colors in New England #7  
We're seeing some pretty good color in the central part of the state. (North of Bangor)

/ How are the fall colors in New England #8  
Trees and leaves have all died off here in Vermont. Flooded out I suppose. It's been wet, and it's raining now.

No sense in coming here. Stay in Ohio. I hear the autumn is gorges there. Oaks are such a lovely brown.

;-)

ETA

Note the humor taken from an "Ithaca is Gorges" bumper sticker.

/ How are the fall colors in New England #9  
Colors just starting to turn here in north central Nevada. My trees are all still green but I looked across the valley at one of the neighbors this morning to see this:
P1080011er.jpg

/ How are the fall colors in New England #10  
Color change about normal here,yet to have heavy frost which could change everything.