How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #1  

case580c

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M5140 Case 580C, Case 450C, Case 850B John Deere 350C, Kubota L185, Kubota L245H,
Tractor is a Kubota M 5140HD, First I am not sure if the cover is plastic or glass it is covered in thick dust. I would guess I should clean it with a damp wet micro cloth as if it is plastic I do not want to scratch it. How do you clean yours and how can I tell if it is glass or plastic

Thanks

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #2  
I would daub it with a clean wet wash cloth. Repeat with a new clean spot on the wash cloth, repeat... The point is to pull the dirt directly up and off rather than to scrub or swirl it around. This is similar to how optics might be cleaned when really dirty. Once mostly cleaned use soft rag to get the rest.

When finished, try to scratch the very edge at the perimeter of one to see if you can scratch it.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #3  
I’d try to blow it off to remove most of the dust before wiping with microfiber cloth.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #4  
I rarely clean the cover on my instrument panel. When I do, I use a water soaked shop towel and gently wipe everything in a downward fashion. Dry with a clean dry shop towel. My cover is glass but I finish the job with this - Plexus. It's made for plastic but leaves an ultra smooth, non-static surface on the glass.

It's weird. Everything except the cover has dust on it after a couple weeks. The wet shop towel is used to clean the bird poo off the seat & steering wheel after cleaning the instrument cover also. Dickey birds just have no couth.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #5  
Tractor is a Kubota M 5140HD, First I am not sure if the cover is plastic or glass it is covered in thick dust. I would guess I should clean it with a damp wet micro cloth as if it is plastic I do not want to scratch it. How do you clean yours and how can I tell if it is glass or plastic

Thanks

I guess going fishing on more than one forum will give you many opinions. I answered you on Orange Tractor Talks...:confused:

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens
I guess going fishing on more than one forum will give you many opinions. I answered you on Orange Tractor Talks...:confused:

I didn't mean to offend, I spent a lot of time searching the subject, and found no threads. Figured it was not a common question or problem. I posted on both sites thinking I might not get a reply on of the sites. Thanks for your input re the original question.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #7  

Well what the heck would I be doing over on "Orange Tractor Talks"?

It's a generic question, not something specific to a Kubota product... why not ask on TBN. :confused:

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #8  
Heck I just use a rag... Its a tractor not the crown jewels.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #9  
I like to keep my machinery pretty. An easy way to keep all surfaces easier to clean is to use a product called ProtectAll. Paint, glass, plastic, rubber, everything. Wipe on wipe off.
The plastic the op mentions could be just blown clean if it were initially treated with the ProtectAll.

/ How best to remove dust from Instrument panel cover lens #10  
What the heck is wrong with using a water hose, a tractor is designed to be water proof so hosing it off wouldn't hurt a thing. After hosing to remove the dust, wipe it down with a microfiber cloth if you want to remove the water spots.