How can a rifle smell like cigarettes?

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes?
At a job years ago I was told to go clean the ash trays out of the company trucks. I said that was a nasty job, I didn’t make the mess and didn’t feel it was my responsibility to clean them. My boss said to do it anyways, so I did; yet that was one of the few times I’ve balked at following orders while on the job.

I’ve had my share of “fun” ;) with women who smoked, and may do so again. I even spent two years with a smoker. At my age I am trying to be a bit wiser… especially after having carotid surgery last year for what is generally considered a “smoker’s disease.”

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes? #52  
At my age I am trying to be a bit wiser… especially after having carotid surgery last year for what is generally considered a “smoker’s disease.”
Whatever blows your dress up. My dress never gets blown up over stuff like that other than the fact that I would find it odd if my wife of 35 years started smoking cigars like I do....lol

Yo
Whatever blows your dress up. My dress never gets blown up over stuff like that other than the fact that I would find it odd if my wife of 35 years started smoking cigars like I do....lol
You’re used to the stench and don’t notice it.

Ironically, if I was a smoker I may not have required the surgery mentioned above. When I asked my doctor about it ten years ago she said “You’re not a smoker so it isn’t a concern.” Had I caught it sooner, rather then stents it may have been treatable with meds.

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes? #55  
Has anyone noticed most cities now reek of marijuana smoke? It always smelled like a roadkilled skunk to me. I don't live in a city anymore, but occasionally I work in one.

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes? #56  
Has anyone noticed most cities now reek of marijuana smoke? It always smelled like a roadkilled skunk to me. I don't live in a city anymore, but occasionally I work in one.
I have walked by cars in parking lots that reeked of pot, and been around people in stores that did too.
It's going to be interesting when the long term effects of pot use start manifesting themselves in long term users. I can't imagine that it's a benign as proponents profess.

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes? #57  
I was married to a lady who smoked a lot. Everything (esp clothes) smelled like smoke. I asked her to try to stop (I was concerned about her health). She did. For 2 weeks. Changed her whole personality - couldn't hardly stand to be around her then. SO I asked her how she would feel about smoking again.

But I never thought of asking to wrap her in newspaper. Might work.

/ How can a rifle smell like cigarettes? #59  
Back to the original topic take the gun apart and clean all the metal and then clean all the wood real well. Hang it up in the garage or porch and forget about it for a few months. I can’t speak for smoke but when I was a kid I got skunked hunting squirrel with my buddy and that’s how my day got the smell out of my gun