How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #1  

tloeffler

Tractor
Cub Cadet TANK Zero Turn
I have called the cub cadet dealers...
I have called the recommendations they gave me for who are "Cub Cadet Parts Collectors"...
I have searched Amazon...
Searched Ebay...
Searched all of the parts suppliers across the country...
Ordered the part from Europe until they refunded me my money 3 days later when they "didn't have the part"...

I just need to get my hands on a 'Brake Shoe Spring' (part# 732-0752) for the Final Drive Assembly.

Mower Model: 53AB5DBX150 Cub Cadet Commercial 60 Inch 23 HP Zero Turn Riding Lawn Mower Cub Cadet Zero Turn

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #2  
So just for the fun of it I Googled "732-0752 spring". NLA (no longer available) shows up everywhere. The final drive is made by MTD by the look of things and is also used in White zero turn mowers.

If you can't find a new part then if you really want to use this mower you'll either need to start looking for used parts or go to a spring manufacturer and have one made. Or modify the parts so that a different type of spring works.

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #4  
So do we know where I can get part number I just need to get my hands on a 'Brake Shoe Spring' (part# 732-0752) for the Final Drive Assembly?
Have to get my tank up and running again.

Thanks guys

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #5  
I always make my own springs for stuff like that. Been doing it for years and they're better than the Chinese spring you'll get from Cub or MTD. Easy stuff.

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #6  
Would you Fawken be will to make me a couple springs for my cub cadet tank plz?
I will pay you!

Thanks

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #7  
It's not worth it, IMO- unless you're close to Dallas. Measure the ga of wire on the broke spring, measure the I.D. Then find a piece of tube who's O.D. = that. Put in vice with correct ga steel wire, coil it tight and neat. Then heat it red-hot with yellow torch, (make sure to form your end hooks just like the original) and drop the red hot spring into a bucket of used oil. If it isn't springy enough, heat it again not quite red hot then drop in cool water. You can repeat the heating and quenching to get the right tension.

/ How can I find the part I need!? Cub Cadet Brake Shoe Spring 732-0752 #8  
And if you're still grounded, you can email me and we'll work something out. Trust me, old farmers have been making springs for decades. You can do it.