How can I level a road without a box blade?

/ How can I level a road without a box blade? #11  
I found the sod buster will cut the roots and box blade with tines down will collect them

/ How can I level a road without a box blade? #12  
   / How can I level a road without a box blade? #13  
I level spots in this manner. First skerf the area by back dragging with the upper teeth on my grapple or the teeth on my roll over box blade. Then smooth by reversing my rear blade and driving forward. OR with the bottom of my FEL bucket. OR by using my Land Plane Grading Scraper. OR by dragging something - log, bed springs, etc with either my tractor or ATV.

Getting rid of your roots will go a long way towards making the road & lawn a level area. Something "toothed" will be the easiest method. OR you can use a pitch fork and just walk the area with the pitch fork and a wheel barrow.

If the roots are exposed but still attached - an axe & wheel barrow may work best. Not much else will break an attached root loose.

/ How can I level a road without a box blade? #14  
I use a chain harrow for light maintenance, its about 8 foot section of 5 ft chain link fence folded over a "T" post and chain to tractor draw bar.... If I need weight on it I throw on a 4 ft section of RR track or a selection of large rocks...... Have been mentally working out grading without box scraper, by getting simple blade scraper and putting a pair of skid shoes on each end (sort of like ends of box scraper) to keep it from cutting deep, and sort of just scalping the high spots.... By removing "skid shoes" it goes back to being just a scraper....

Dale