how come my oil is green?

/ how come my oil is green? #11  
Is it possible the engine got frozen over the winter?

/ how come my oil is green? #12  
Job #1 is you or a shop pull the head. Most likely is a blown head gasket. Just no way of knowing what the problem is until you're inside the engine.

/ how come my oil is green? #13  
Here are some other iseki's using that engine

ISEKI

/ how come my oil is green?
A fella selling water pumps said that most likely the head gasket is shot. He sells on eBay and seemed to feel that most likely, it is the head gasket that has a hole in it. I hope he's right.

/ how come my oil is green? #15  
Looked a little deeper into the troubled 1502 engine. Drained the oil, getting rid of the incredibly heavy sludge that was in there when I got the tractor.
I noticed a green tint to the oil. Uh, oh. I opened up the radiator cap and the level was way, way down. Took nearly the whole gallon jug to fill it up. After a time lag of about a minute or so, out came a pretty heavy stream of green stuff from the crankcase drain plug hole. I bet it was the anti-freeze....and, it is.

Water pump shot? Head gasket shot? Both shot?

Your replies are sought. thanks all

Something doesn't seem quite right here. If the oil had anti-freeze in it, it would look like heavy cream, not just a green tint to the oil. Ya know oil and water don't mix. So, was there the "milky cream" or was it green? Did the oil dip stick have the "milky cream" on it or was it just black oil?

/ how come my oil is green?
AS the awl came out the drain plug, it had not become totally mixed with the anti-freeze material. It was streaky, best way I can describe it. While awl and glycol don't mix well, they form some kind of semi-continuous state where you can see streaks of unmixed material. I was told today that heat, glycol, and awl can produce a very, very heavy tarlike semi-fluid. That was the way the stuff that came out the hole appeared the first time I drained the crankcase.Incredibly heavy slop, best way to describe it.

/ how come my oil is green? #17  
There are instances where in some engines where the waterpump can leak into the oil.So its not a bad idea to start there.If its not there you need to pull the oil pan and pressurize the radiator If you have a crack it will show up under pressure.

/ how come my oil is green? #18  
How could a water pump leak into the oil? I've never seen one with any connection to the oiling system.

/ how come my oil is green? #19  
the oil/water mix is an emulsion...

in any event.. I'd expect the rod and mains to be wiped out. coolant is not friendly to bearing shells.

for a leak that 'pours' out.. I'd be skeptical to think it was a head gasket... though do believe I would start by pulling the oil pan and then looking up in there to see if you can see a stream of coolant exiting somewhere.

almost goes without saying that after this I'd be pulling the manifolds and head.

see if there is any fluid in any of hte ports.. look at the valve area..e tc.. etc..

soundguy