How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105?

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #11  
I think the earlier comment about retaining safety is valid.
So,,,,,,
I would look into ways of increasing your "apparent weight",
such as a small seat cushion filled with, say 50 lbs of sand ?
There are gel cushions, though I doubt that they weigh more than a few pounds.
Maybe a gel cushion over a small sack of sand would get a you a comfort bonus ?

C'mon guys, there is a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY here; Heavy gel comfy cushuns (-:
Lets go to market !

Too late, I just called my patent attorney and registered it.

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #12  
Options...

1. Weight the seat down - better
2. Pedel extenders - ok option, but funny looking..
3. disable the switch
4. MAKE YOUR HUSBAND mow the lawn..

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #13  
Unless your lawn tractor is really in the "entry level" of mowers, the seat should be adjustable fore and aft. Try moving the seat forward. Most will have a large plastic wing nut to loosen and allow the seat to move.

Ops! After re-reading your post, I noticed you already tried that. You might try having your husband re-mount the seat on flat-bar brackets. I wouldn't defeat the switch. It's there to keep someone from stepping off the mower when the blades are running or starting when no one is in the pilot's seat. (Could take off if it's in gear.) Good feature, I think.

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #14  
If you look at the bottom of your seat it may so be designed that the seat can be mounted farther forward on the seat rails. If this is possible it may help. Others have given many versions of how to configure the actual seat switch. :D

I have the same problem. My switch will also be adjusted. :D

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #15  
She said shes been using one since she was a kid,so...

Just unplug that switch under your seat and jumper it like said,[piece of small elictrical type wire,about same size as is used on the switch] bare the wire back a little on each end,and plug one end into one side of connector and other end into other side[,tape it up after you see if it works with some black tape to hold it that way.

Did somebody actually say put a bag o sand on seat and set on it?

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #16  
I've always figured that it is more of a hazard to have a mad frustrated woman in the drivers seat than a machine with a bypassed seat switch.
(You might find that the seat is spring loaded and if you can remove the springs then the weight of the seat will keep the switch closed)

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #17  
I have a 20 year old cub that "HAD" two safety switches when I bought it. One was if I got up off the seat it would shut the mover PTO off. I have electric PTO, the other was it would shut the PTO off if I put the mower in reverse. I cut half my grass in reverse. I dont think the guy was more than a mile down the road after delivery and I had that disabled. Any mover that has/had a switch that turn the engine off I'd disable that also. As I've already mentioned once in another post this morning, most of these safety devices are there to protect stupid people and I'm not so sure we should be doing this. Why kill the engine if you get off the seat? Why is it I'm not allowed to mow while going in reverse? I do find it convenient to have the PTO stop when I get up from the seat, but even this I've thought about by passing because like the OP I'm 5'3" and weight about 130#'s so if I'm cutting grass on bumpy ground I have to make sure the PTO stays engaged. My mower has another advantage, I have a hydrostat that is operated by a lever on the dash, not my foot. This means I can sit back further in the seat and not have to try and reach a pedal to make something work.

I know the safety police are going to come out of the woodwork over these comments, but this is one of my soap boxes.

Wedge

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #18  
Many years ago , before seat switchs a coworker was mowing his roadside when his John Deere started tipping throwing him off the machine followed by the tractor rolling back ontop of him with the blades still running. He was cut very bad, lost 6 months at his job and still has problems from that 25 years later. These switchs are a pain but defeating them is unwise. My wife is 5ft2 and I made a wood block for the clutch pedel. this worked fine and solved that same problem your having,

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #19  
That mow in reverse thing is just plain stupid,mine has a key,you turn it once,and you can mow in reverse as many times as you want,just by turning it the one time,but its silly,and its just something else that when it breaks will cause problems trying to figure it out.

The seat switch might not be that bad of an idea really,but if the seat switch,stops you from mowing your yard,than it than becomes another very stupid thing.

We are dummying down everything,to make sure the dummest of us are going to be alright,and number one,that won't work,that lady[or man] who backed over his baby while mowing[you know,the one that caused this mow in reverse thing?],would have found a way to kill it anyways,car,steps,boiling water,poison,etc. Number two,yeah,we are dummying down.

You protect yourself,you don't worry about the other dummy that much[unless the other dummy is making you unsafe],everybody should be their own safety police.

/ How do I disable the seat switch on JD L105? #20  
Just think what it will be like when we are all forced to live our lives at the lowest common IQ....