How do I disconnect my seat safety switch?

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If it was any of the safety switches.. it wouldn't crank over. )</font>

On my TC40D, if it is in gear or if the PTO is engaged, it won't crank. It WILL crank but not start if the brake isn't set and nobody is in the seat.

Mark

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch?
Thanks folks. The next AM it started right up. Here is what happened. On Tuesday at 10 degrees I started the TC and moved it outside to warm up. As I got off the seat it shut down as if I had not set the emergency brake or left in N, (that I have done many times when I forget, I'm just a little absent minded) but this time I had done things right. Then the starter would just spin but no start. It was in N and the brake was set, so I figured that the safety circut must have a problem. I disconnected and connected the emergency brake plug a few times just to clean the contacts and wiggled and wiggled the shift lever to be sure it was in N, but the motor would not fire. I could not get at the seat switch so I left it in the driveway and came in the house and posted my question. This morning I went out and it started right up Jinman: Thanks for the photo and thanks to you all for the advise. You pointed out that the motor would not turn over if the seat switch was defective. I wonder if the fuel solenoid set up because of the sudden shut down when COLD. Thanks for ALL your help Frank

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #13  
I wonder if the safety switches have changed for the newer models.. my 35D is a 2000 year model.

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #14  
Maybe...mine is 2001....

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks, Egon. I'm watching my backside... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Watch out for the matterss tag police too. I think they hang out with the safety switch police and the big fat product liability lawyers. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch?
It happened again this morning. It started fine but as soon as I got off the seat it stalled and would not restart (it would crank but not start). Remembering Mark's post "On my TC40D, if it is in gear or if the PTO is engaged, it won't crank. It WILL crank but not start if the brake isn't set and nobody is in the seat. That post convinced me it must be my emergency brake connector. I cleaned the contacts of the emergency brake connector and it started right up. You all might want to keep those contacts clean, mine had been getting splashed by mud, I brought it into the shop and used Jinman's (non OSHA approved) method to "jump the seat safety switch" . I am going to leave this switch jumped, (for now) so I will bypass this problem in the future. This seems to bypass all safety switches except the Neutral Trans switch. Thanxs to you all Frank

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #17  
I had a similar experience last week when I put my new tire chains on my TC 30. It was 15 degrees outside and the tractor quit as soon as left the seat even though it was in neutral and the brake was set. It would not turn over. I started wiggling the brake stop lever and and tried the ignition and it fired right up. There must be a common problem among new NH compact tractors.

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #18  
You were right.. I tried it over the holidays.. it cranked but didn't start.

/ How do I disconnect my seat safety switch? #19  
The same thing happened to me. Started the tractor pulled it out side jumped off the seat and it died. Took me a while to find out what I did wrong. After wiggling the leavers a few times it started, seemed to be the brake switch was stuck.