How do I find the part number for this?

/ How do I find the part number for this? #1  

bswiv

Silver Member
Tractor
CAT D5G, Kubota M8540, KubotaB2700
On my M8540 ( About 7 years old. ) I have a third function for the grapple ( Oliver Dahlman ) that has a little spring loaded rocker switch in it that opens and closes the jaws.

That switch no longer has spring action so needs replacing.

Now it looks like a simple standard spring loaded rocker switch with 3 wires slipped onto posts on the back........but......as we all know it's far more common for manufactures to search out something to use that is so darn unique that you have to buy it from them to even find it........

Anyway.......anyone have an idea how I find one of these $5 switches on line so that I don't have to spend $30 at the dealer?

The switch looks like the one on this: Redirect Notice

/ How do I find the part number for this? #2  
Last edited:
   / How do I find the part number for this? #4  
The last rocker switch I purchased came from eBay. I just did some measurements before ordering.

/ How do I find the part number for this?
I will pull it out and see if there is a generic part number on it and post a picture here........

/ How do I find the part number for this? #6  
You can possibly take it apart and clean it out or sometimes just spray them with WD-40 and revive the spring action.

/ How do I find the part number for this? #7  
Some 3rd function systems don't use a relay to switch the high current but have the switch directly wired to the hydraulic valve's solenoid. For that you'll need a switch that can handle enough amperage. I think it's 3 or 5 but you should check the specs for the valve. If there's a relay then any switch will work.

/ How do I find the part number for this?
Some 3rd function systems don't use a relay to switch the high current but have the switch directly wired to the hydraulic valve's solenoid. For that you'll need a switch that can handle enough amperage. I think it's 3 or 5 but you should check the specs for the valve. If there's a relay then any switch will work.

Taking it BACK apart and using a MAGNIFYING GLASS so that my old eyes can see if there is a generic parts number on it is on my agenda for tomorrow.