How do I get the side panel off a 4020

/ How do I get the side panel off a 4020 #1  

gwfami

Tractor
1969 JD 4020
My 69 diesel JD 4020 key just snapped, and I need to get access to the switch. I can wiggle the right side panel just to the right of the key switch.but it appears to have 1 bolt holding it on. I can't find that bolt. Can anyone help? Naturally it happens when I have to move some heavy stuff right away. Screenshot 2019-08-08_17-38-02-019.png

Thanks

/ How do I get the side panel off a 4020 #2  
Remove the engine side panel. Remove the nut at the front of the panel you need to remove. Slide the panel to the rear.

/ How do I get the side panel off a 4020 #3  
Just use a screw driver to turn the key until you have tine to repair the tractor.

/ How do I get the side panel off a 4020
Thanks for the replies. I considered using a screw driver, but the tractor is due to be auctioned off on the 18th.

As for the bolt, I took off the engine side panel, the one that says 4020 and has a spring loaded latch, but I can only find one nut, and I don't want to take it off until I'm sure that's it. Can't find a verification picture or diagram anywhere.

/ How do I get the side panel off a 4020 #5  
Maybe this photo will help you.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 202
Just my luck. Almost had the panel off and a friend came over and popped the broken key out of the ignition. Put all the panels back on, actually found the 50 year old spare key, started right up. Shut it off about 1,000 away from the house, only to find the battery terminals were corroded and it didn't charge. Don't have 1,000 extension cord, darn it. Friend is coming over to attempt to jump it tomorrow.

Wonder what's going to go wrong next.