How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe?

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe?
Thanks.This is all good info.No permits are required because it's a mobile home.Even in a house here,no permits are need for replacement,only new construction.

After looking over everything again,I will eliminate one run of pipe.The washing machine drains into a gray water ditch,which is allowed here.No other drains can be attached tho.So now I only need a sanitary T which makes only one ABS to PVC connection.I have PVC glue.I don't think there will be a wide temperature swing at the junction.It carries the kitchen sink water which is 40 feet away.I've always stopped anyone from pouring water, hotter than comes from the faucet, down the sink.The stack will be all new the only connection will be the kitchen drain.The stack will be based on the T below.

611942034666lg.jpg

If I can buy the property from my cousin,I will completely remodel and replace all the old plumbing.For now,we need this place to get us through until we finish remodeling my father's old mobile home.Hopefully we will be in there by winter.If everything goes as planned,in a couple years we hope renting the mobile homes will pay for our acreage.Then I can build my dream cabin.:cool2:

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #12  
Ok I guess I get to interject a little humor here:

Duct tape!

:thumbsup:

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #13  
Put male end into female end.

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #14  
I like using a short piece of ABS up through roof penetration vents...the black pipe looks a lot better than white PVC...
I've never had a problem with regular PVC cement but I've also used silicone on the vent stack...

I always lightly sand the mating parts...

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #15  
I see no valid reason to mix the two kinds of pipe.

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #16  
Gluing different plastics is always a hack job. Use a hubless connector (rubber clamp).

I am not redoing all the drains.Just under the toilet,because what I have won't work with the new style toilet I am installing.It calls for a 4 inch flange and the current stack is only 3 inch ABS 3"x3" 2"x2".I can only find PVC pipe here and I have already had to replace the main line to the septic tank with 4 inch PVC.Just finished that last friday.I just need to slide by till winter.I should be done with my father's old MH and I can move in and redo the one I am staying in now.

Gluing different plastics is always a hack job. Use a hubless connector (rubber clamp).

Good idea,if I can find one that will connect a 4"x4"x2" fitting to 2" pipe.That step in the 2" section of the sanitary Y is the problem with the rubber connector.I could splice in a piece of 2 inch PVC but then I am buying a whole 8 or 10 foot section of pipe for maybe 4 inch splice.

It is late.I may not be thinking about this correctly.I'll revisit this tomorrow.

/ How do I join ABS pipe to PVC pipe? #19  
Good idea,if I can find one that will connect a 4"x4"x2" fitting to 2" pipe.That step in the 2" section of the sanitary Y is the problem with the rubber connector.I could splice in a piece of 2 inch PVC but then I am buying a whole 8 or 10 foot section of pipe for maybe 4 inch splice.

It is late.I may not be thinking about this correctly.I'll revisit this tomorrow.

OK, I thought the transition was in the 4" section. For 2", they make threaded fittings.

Home Depot sells 2' sections of pipe, at least around here. Looking at the website, the fittings are about two bucks each, as is a 2' section of pipe. Six bucks to do the job right.

OK, I thought the transition was in the 4" section. For 2", they make threaded fittings.

Home Depot sells 2' sections of pipe, at least around here. Looking at the website, the fittings are about two bucks each, as is a 2' section of pipe. Six bucks to do the job right.

I found a hardware store that's a little outta the way, but they have everything, plus PVC by the foot.They don't have ABS pipe either.No one c there could give me a solid answer why ABS is hard to find.The best I got was code MAY NOT call for it.No certainty there.