Front-End Loader How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #11  
This is great and I feel I am narrowing in on a solution.
The tractor I am hoping to buy is a Kioti DK35SE HST. Not sure yet what the PSI of the pump is - will chat with the dealer on Monday - but I think it might make sense to start with a connection from auxillary Hydraulics and see how that works. If I deed more juice then I could add a PTO pump - I would try to make sure the hydraulic lines would work with either set up.

Very exciting.
Not ready for snow quite yet but hope I will be before I need to be.

Bob

I think the Kioti PSI is in the 2500 range. You might want to consider going to the DK40se with the KL401 loader though. Cost to upgrade is a couple of thousand last time I checked. You go from mid 15s to 16.8 on hydraulic pump capacity, from 27 to 32.5 on PTO and get a much bigger loader. I'm sure the DK35 can handle it but it is nice to have reserve power when running something like a snowblower.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #12  
Nearly every attachment of similar size will perform better on a pto driven tractor which has much lower engine hp. A pto driven diesel engine will develop more torque and hp as the rpm of the engine slows down from recommended pto speed. A hydraulic motor has max hp at max flow. Any drop in flow as the attachments gets more work/resistance, immediately results in a drop in hydraulic motor pto. This is why a direct drive/pto CUT with 30 pto will out perform the some hydraulic motor with same pto hp. It would take flow rates in the 40-50 gpm to make me happy with the power characteristics of skid steer attachments to equal my CUTs pto.

I too own and operate several hydraulic driven attachments including a rotary cutter, trencher, tiller, soil conditioner, concrete mixer and stump grinder, powered by medium frame skidsteers with 15 to 17 gpm and a high flow on the 15 that bumps it to 24.
Pressures range from 2600 to 3300. Typically a bit more pressure then most tractors.
There is no doubt a shaft driven pto will transfer all of the engine power. But thats not a option for a blower on a fel. So if the goal is to blow snow going forward with an attachment on his fel then there are some design limitations he has to live with. Reduced hp is going to be one of them. How much it gets reduced will depend on the previous specs mentioned and how he designs his system.
Is this going to be enough hp for him?? I don't know,the only way to answer that is for him to test a hydraulic blower to see if the loss in speed is worth not having a kink in your neck.
Until you use a hydraulic blower, it is like try to explain to someone that has never driven a car the difference between chevette and a corvette in terms of hp numbers. They are going to have a hard time knowing how much they will be satisfied with.

Personally I'd could live with the 15 gpm pump if it let me work in forward. Especially if he has hst, if it begines to stall you can slow down a bit without wearing the clutch. I love hydraulic drives, they are very user friendly and easy on parts. Is it going to out pace a pto blower, hard to say, but some of the lost is blower performance will be made up by tractor performance resulting from driving forward.
Ken

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #13  
I just posted a thread on instlling a motor on a 8'snowblower and have been thinking of installing a pump with a clutch on it on my engine to run the snowblower. not sure but think I need to have around 30gpm to run it. not sure if my engine will take the horsepower loss or not but figured i could slow down or run the truck in low range and bring the engine rpms up some. just a thought on a belt driven pump. love to hear what others think about this.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #14  
I know some snowblowers just have a motor mounted directly to them, just another idea-so that it is all a self contained system.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #15  
I know some snowblowers just have a motor mounted directly to them, just another idea-so that it is all a self contained system.

Yeah, the one I walk behind is set up like that. I couldn't get the PTO to run at 540RPM and my hydraulic hose, while penlty powerful, is lacking a return line.;)

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #16  
I think you need a gear reduction set up to get the speed down to 540.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL
. . . Kioti PSI is in the 2500 range. You might want to consider going to the DK40se with the KL401 loader though. . . . You go from mid 15s to 16.8 on hydraulic pump capacity, from 27 to 32.5 on PTO and get a much bigger loader.

Good advice!!
Last Friday I pulled the trigger on a new DK 45 SE HST. It is probably more tractor than I need for most things but I am hoping I can mount my snowblower on the FEL and run it off a Hydraulic motor powered by the tractor's hydro system.

Many of the comments (particularly fron SkidSteer.ca) seem to indicate I will be on the edge as far as capacity and satisfaction but it is likely doable. Because the tractor is HST driven and I am not removing snow commercially so I have very little time pressure, it seems that this is worth a shot.

If it works, great!
If it doesn't do the job well enough, I will then look at adding a PTO pump and a 20-25 Gallon reservoir. I will probably look for a way to mount the reservoir on the frame of my box blade so it will act a rear ballast as well as giving me a means to drag snow away from door openings etc.

New machine expected to arrive this Friday. The fun never stops!

Bob

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #18  
Keep in mind that the 16.8 GPM hydraulic flow on the DK45 is total hydraulic flow. Some of that is the power steering power steering pump so you may only have 10 GPM of hydraulic flow. The spec's on the Kioti web site do not break down the flows, but it does state a tandem gear pump so I suspect that 16.8 is total for both pumps.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #19  
That Kioti looks like a nice tractor! I have difficulty thinking that you'd be getting enough hydraulic flow for a blower big enough to make sense on that tractor. Deere makes its front hydraulic blower with a power pack driven by PTO, yet the 4x20 series have slightly more total hydraulic flow then the Kioti. The power pack is for a 76" unit; has a tank, 18-23 GPM flow and a 15 gallon reservoir, pressure relief on fan is at 3000PSI. I can't imagine they'd bother if that wasn't necessary. Also note that the Kioti lists total hydraulic flow as 16.8, the Deere 4320 fir example lists 17.1 but says 5.1 used for steering and 12 available for implements; I'd presume same would be true for Kioti.

/ How do I make a 3PH Blower work on a FEL #20  
If it works, great!
If it doesn't do the job well enough, I will then look at adding a PTO pump and a 20-25 Gallon reservoir. I will probably look for a way to mount the reservoir on the frame of my box blade so it will act a rear ballast as well as giving me a means to drag snow away from door openings etc.

New machine expected to arrive this Friday. The fun never stops!

Bob

Bob
The only issue with going to a large flow pump later is that your blower speed will increase if you feed it more oil. Unless you buy another hyd motor for the blower with a larger displacement volume. Kinda a catch 22, unless you don't mind running the blower at a higher rpm.

I wonder if there is any place you can add a smaller pump to the tractor and combine the flow of this to the pump you have. Thats how the high flow skidsteers are set up. A simple valve allows selection of one pump (standard flow) or both pumps (high flow)

I put the high flow kit on my NH Ls160 and it uses a a small pump belt driven off the crank which adds 9 gpm to the system. The newer ones use a single tandem pump instead, but same end result.
Ken