How do I remove this 2 speed pto jack shaft?

/ How do I remove this 2 speed pto jack shaft? #1  

catmanjan

Tractor
Hinomoto MB1100?
The splines on this shaft are destroyed and I can't work out the proper way to remove it

I've removed all the circlips and when I pry on the shaft the bearing and shaft want to come out together

My concern is that once the outer bearing is out of its race I won't have a way to remove the inner bearing and the shaft will be stuck floating between the races with a bearing on it

Attachments

• IMG_20240329_132749_829.jpg
    IMG_20240329_132749_829.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240329_132744_114.jpg
    IMG_20240329_132744_114.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
   / How do I remove this 2 speed pto jack shaft? #2  
Measure the OD of the bearings, the inner bearing will most likely fit on the outer bearing bore, even if it's a close fit. So the entire shaft, including bearing should come out the rear.

/ How do I remove this 2 speed pto jack shaft?
Measure the OD of the bearings, the inner bearing will most likely fit on the outer bearing bore, even if it's a close fit. So the entire shaft, including bearing should come out the rear.
Thanks they seem either the same size or very very close... Can't get my callipers in for an accurate reading on the inner one and they have no numbers on them

Is there a tool or technique I should be using to do this? I'm worried that if I continue prying on the shaft I'll damage the bores

I have ordered a set inner bearing pullers for another project and I am wondering if I should just wait for those to arrive and pull the outer bearing off the shaft and bore simultaneously, so I would only be prying off the inner bearing...

/ How do I remove this 2 speed pto jack shaft? #4  
I don't think you'll cause any damage. Once the inner bearing is in the rear bore, just make sure it's going straight and not crooked.

If it was me, I would just use a brass or copper punch and a hammer. Put the punch in the "corner" between the rear gear and the shaft, angled down as much as possible so the force is directed to the rear of the gearbox and hit it with hammer. It should start sliding out.

That's how I've always done on various projects and recently did it a lot one the restoration of my Agria tractor. The bearing on one of the shafts of the main gearbox, had to go through 3 close fitting bores before I could finally remove the shafts and gears.

EDIT: Preferably a copper punch. Brass punch can and will chip in the corners and throw small brass pieces inside the gearbox.