How do I set up a hyd. top link?

/ How do I set up a hyd. top link? #11  
Question: If you only need the "top" portion is is important to get a cylinder with the check valve??

I read ccm's explination and cannot see how a "top" could fall on you ever.

Is the only need for the check valve for OSHA compliance?

I was looking at Hydraulic Center's web site and they have what I need for $122. I would like to keep $50 difference if I don't need the check valve. Is there a quality difference between ccm and Hydraulic Center?

/ How do I set up a hyd. top link? #12  
Question: If you only need the "top" portion is is important to get a cylinder with the check valve??

I read ccm's explination and cannot see how a "top" could fall on you ever.

Is the only need for the check valve for OSHA compliance?

I was looking at Hydraulic Center's web site and they have what I need for $122. I would like to keep $50 difference if I don't need the check valve. Is there a quality difference between ccm and Hydraulic Center?

I have the Deere OEM hyd top link. It doesn't have the internal check valves.

The cylinder "loses" it's position after you turn the tractor off. Not immediately; but, if you leave the tractor for a few hours and the implement is on the ground - little or no weight on the 3pt - it will change.

It's not a big deal.. it's a small irritant that I have to readjust the in/out tilt of my rear blade or the depth that the tiller will dig once I fire up again and get going.

As far as the OSHA/safety issue - it's a "non-issue" - IMO. Deere and anyone else selling non-check valve hyd cylinders wouldn't do it, if they thought it was a problem. And personally, I can't really imagine how the cylinder could "rapidly" depressurized and catch anyone under it (if they worked at it; someone might find a way). That said; anyone who works under heavy 3pt implements without significant safety precautions has more to worry about than the leak-down of a hyd top-link...

Save the $50; if keeping position of the implement isn't a big deal to you.

AKfish

/ How do I set up a hyd. top link? #13  
The cylinder "loses" it's position after you turn the tractor off. Not immediately; but, if you leave the tractor for a few hours and the implement is on the ground - little or no weight on the 3pt - it will change.

There are times when I'm using my limb grinder for an hour or two, sounds like it would need periodic re-ajustment.

I can say that my CCM link does not leak. When I have the grinder mounted I can't set it on the ground because the PTO shaft is too short ( I wanted the unit as close to the tractor as possible, for manueverability .) So when not it use it stays suspended sometimes for weeks at a time, without moving.

/ How do I set up a hyd. top link? #14  
Thanks Guys, I love this site, you get replys from the people using the stuff:)