How do the different manufacturers stack up?

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #41  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'll pass on posting links lest you again accuse me of disparaging the tractor you promote. )</font>

Gee whiz.
When did I do that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Never mentioned a single thing about a tractor brand.
I just like to see the proof when things are past off as true fact or % of sales being posted.
Nothing wrong with that is there ???

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #42  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bottom line is this: Try out all the tractors in the range you are looking for (30 HP I think you said) and pick the one you like the best - hopefully that also translates to the best dealership.)</font>

Trouble is, this is backwards advice.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Find a dealer you can get along with as it will ultimately be like a marriage of sorts. <font color="green"> Just about any machine will not be a loser with a good dealer!!!</font>
Seems like everyone worries more about sheet metal color than what actually matters in the background...dealer support, parts, service, etc.

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #43  
Good advice Hobby ...

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #44  
Why is it that everyone leaves on a tangent about "market share"?

Give me a break.

We have a Kubota dealer here...he stocks so many tractors (about three dozen), none are over, say, 40hp.

Yet the NH/Case dealer stocks - possibly three (three blue, 0 red).

The JD dealer stocks 0.

The MF dealer also stocks 0.

One-half dozen - each of three different dealers - Mahindra, Kioti, Montana

But, you can drive all all over the place - construction sites, school districts, municipalities, golf courses, and see individuals using their tractors, or even fueling up at the local convenience store.

Most of what I see are JD, then NH, MF, Kioti, Kubota.
Of the Kubotas I see, most are old models, 3:1.
So where's the "market share"?
Down here, it's on the dealer's lot. And BTW, they don't seem to be moving very fast. Dealer's lot looks the same for weeks at a time.
Yet, at the other dealers (I pass by them all several times a week, and occasionally many times a day) they get something in, and it is gone, like now!

So, how do the "statistics" explain this?
My own observations make me very skeptical of the "statistics".

From what I can tell, it still ends up being dealer related. The better dealers get the product out there and keep it on the job; the others don't.

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #45  
My point exactly from a previous post Hobby...

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #46  
<font color="blue"> So, how do the "statistics" explain this?</font>
The statistics referred to were national. Local markets vary.

<font color="blue"> My own observations make me very skeptical of the "statistics". </font>
Why? Your observations show Kubota in fifth place. Here they're in first.

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #47  
MikePA,
My whole point is, it's not "market share" or the "statistics".
Those are just misdirection facts. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It is the dealer that makes the machine.
A bad dealer can "ruin" a good machine, and vice versa.
Like that line in the Wizard of Oz - Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #48  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The statistics referred to were national. )</font>

Exactly my point, where can I see these statistics.
I keep reading statistics posted, where are they getting this information. I want to see it..
If its posted as fact then there should be no problem showing me where they got the information.

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #49  
Guys,
Who cares about the statistics? They are only numbers some bean counter came up with!

Ford says: The F150 is the best selling truck of all time.
OK,
So I buy a GM, or a Dodge - does that mean I didn't get a good vehicle??
As far as I can tell, the greater sales numbers are only useful when you need used parts out of a junkyard. (no offense junkman! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

/ How do the different manufacturers stack up? #50  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Who cares about the statistics? )</font>

Can't say I do care about the statistics. Makes little differance to me.
I do care about seeing the proof if something is being repeatedly posted as fact.
In this case it just happens to be Mfg. sales % .