How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #21  
ht8mcl.jpg

Hey, that kid on the cycle has no helmet on!!!!:eek::laughing:

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #22  
Im 53 years old born in October, and i have been on a tractor with my dad since i was 2 months old. Dad had an old 39 Farmall H and a Farmall C, both with narrow front ends. I went everywhere and did everything with dad. Nothing ever happened to me because i had a dad who had Common Sense. As Roush9799 said, "If eveyone would just use some common sense, there should be no problem with a passenger.The problem with todays society, there are a lot of people out there that don't think things thru before acting on it. If it's not written in black and white, they can't think it up on themselves"
As years went on dad and i rode together all the time and as tractors got newer, fenders and buckets made better seats as we worked the fields. If i had to do all over again i would want it just the same, and because of my dad's actions with me, i am the way i am, a tractor lover, with way over 200,000 hours of safe operation under my belt. Thanks Dad, i sure do miss you!

Let's see if my math is correct...

200000 hrs divided by 53 years equals 3773.58 hours per year. If I take 3773.58 and divide by 365 days per year, that equals 10.338 hrs per day, every day, 7days a week, 52 weeks a year, starting when you were born.

I must have made a math error or you have a typo, I didn't even use "way over" in my calculations.

In any case, you have many hours of safer operation under your belt, not disagreeing there. I agree with you and would add, common sense and personal responsibility. I hear too many adults saying "not my fault" instead of owning up and taking responsibility for their actions...

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #23  
Let's see if my math is correct...

200000 hrs divided by 53 years equals 3773.58 hours per year. If I take 3773.58 and divide by 365 days per year, that equals 10.338 hrs per day, every day, 7days a week, 52 weeks a year, starting when you were born.

I must have made a math error or you have a typo, I didn't even use "way over" in my calculations.

In any case, you have many hours of safer operation under your belt, not disagreeing there. I agree with you and would add, common sense and personal responsibility. I hear too many adults saying "not my fault" instead of owning up and taking responsibility for their actions...
yeah but he was born in "October" that supersedes anything hahahaha. Randomly throws in born in October sheesh

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #24  
Be advised that I have never operated a Tractor with a Cab. I am unaware of the space restrictions, although I would think that some Cabs are more spacious than others. If there is enough room and an additional "Buddy Seat" with Seatbelt is available, and no restrictions are placed on the Operator regarding the Safe and Conductive operation of the Tractor and Equipment, I am ALL FOR IT. The younger occupant would have more protection than riding in an open Tractor, and it would provide a great learning experience for the younger passenger. This will, definitely, provide a safer environment for the passenger, and create a chance to spend "Quality Time" with each other. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #25  
Be advised that I have never operated a Tractor with a Cab. I am unaware of the space restrictions, although I would think that some Cabs are more spacious than others. If there is enough room and an additional "Buddy Seat" with Seatbelt is available, and no restrictions are placed on the Operator regarding the Safe and Conductive operation of the Tractor and Equipment, I am ALL FOR IT. The younger occupant would have more protection than riding in an open Tractor, and it would provide a great learning experience for the younger passenger. This will, definitely, provide a safer environment for the passenger, and create a chance to spend "Quality Time" with each other. Just my thoughts. Thanks for posting.
whats all the talk about "buddy" seat? They have always been called "trainer" seats. Is this a tractorbynet thing? Its not just you, I see others using this terminology as well. Just curious cause it sounds kinda brokeback mountainish. I don't think they designed it to have one of you buds in there hahaah

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #26  

Most of the tractor accidents with kids riding involve falling off or getting caught up in moving parts (my opinion, no independent study done)... with that said, an enclosed cab prevents a good share of that risk...

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #27  
Maybe you can see the buddy seat in this picture, it is one of our renters', John Deere 8430 I believe and his 7000 Series has one also I think.

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #28  
whats all the talk about "buddy" seat? They have always been called "trainer" seats. Is this a tractorbynet thing? Its not just you, I see others using this terminology as well. Just curious cause it sounds kinda brokeback mountainish. I don't think they designed it to have one of you buds in there hahaah
There are many different areas of this Country where certain words have different connotaions depending on the Region. I was raised in the Mountains and we called a paper bag a "Poke". I was in Baltimore once and ordered a "Sub". In Baltimore, they were called "Creasers". The lady asked me what I wanted it put in and I replied "A Poke". My cousin then told me that "A POke" meant a "Bag of Pot". Some people call a Crayfish a "Crawdad". There are many more examples of words having different meanings in different regions. One word that I have found that remains consistenly the same throughout this Country is: Most everyone knows what you are talking about when you mention a "BOOGER"- the kind that one picks out of their nose.:D

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt?
There are some pretty entertaining reply's on here :D I like the comments about my avatar the most :laughing:

I think "buddy" seat might be more of a TBN thing??? Not sure, however, it's not actually called a "trainer" seat either, according to the manufacturers it's an "instructor" seat, as if that makes any difference :laughing:

I always think of it as a "buddy" seat because I want to use it to take my little buddy around with me, meaning my son. :thumbsup:

Also, the whole idea of not having a kid on a tractor without a cab due to the danger of falling off, combined with the fact that children seem to LOVE heavy equipment, is a pretty easy sell on convincing the wife it's almost time for a cab tractor :D

/ How do you feel about children in a CAB tractor with buddy seat and seatbelt? #30  
yeah but he was born in "October" that supersedes anything hahahaha. Randomly throws in born in October sheesh

I think folks need to lighten up a tad here. It was a touching story. No need to run the guy into the ground.