How do you flare 0.095" wa?ll, steel hydraulic tubing

/ How do you flare 0.095" wa?ll, steel hydraulic tubing #1  

CumminsFan

Tractor
Cat
I have two 3/4", 0.095" wall steel hydraulic tubes that I need to put a 37 degree SAE flare on.

Local hydraulic supply uses a hand held Rigid 377 flare tool for tubes up to 0.065". The 377 is rated for 0.035" wall tube. The local hydraulic supply has no capability to flare 0.095" tube. I haven't yet located a supplier that has a hydraulic flaring tool.

Anyone have tips or lessons learned on how to flare a 0.095" hydraulic tube successfully? Can it be done with a hand held tool such as the 377?

Appreciate any and all help.

Regards

/ How do you flare 0.095" wa?ll, steel hydraulic tubing #2  
I have two 3/4", 0.095" wall steel hydraulic tubes that I need to put a 37 degree SAE flare on.

Local hydraulic supply uses a hand held Rigid 377 flare tool for tubes up to 0.065". The 377 is rated for 0.035" wall tube. The local hydraulic supply has no capability to flare 0.095" tube. I haven't yet located a supplier that has a hydraulic flaring tool.

Anyone have tips or lessons learned on how to flare a 0.095" hydraulic tube successfully? Can it be done with a hand held tool such as the 377?

Appreciate any and all help.

Regards

Ridgid 41285 Tool, Flare 375

Might do the job.

You could always heat the tubing end and "forge" the flare.

/ How do you flare 0.095" wa?ll, steel hydraulic tubing #6  
Maybe I missed it. What is the diameter of the line?

I too was thinking a flareless fitting. Like a swageloc

/ How do you flare 0.095" wa?ll, steel hydraulic tubing #7  
Both swageloc and ermeto are great fittings and they make them for hydraulic service. Just make sure you get the right pressure rating ones. That is the way I would go in place of any flare type fitting. All flare fittings are vulnerable to vibration causing the flare to break off. When I was working industrial refrigeration and other machinery work we never use flare fittings and replaced a lot of them with flareless types.

Ron