How Do You Get Driveway Gravel Out of Grassy Areas?

/ How Do You Get Driveway Gravel Out of Grassy Areas? #72  
I have a 5' Sweepster 3PH M24 series sweeper that works great. As long as you do not use it right after it rains it doesn't damage the grass. Works excellent and saves the blades on your mower.

/ How Do You Get Driveway Gravel Out of Grassy Areas? #73  
These kinds of questions always draw a wide range of answers - that are arguably all quite good. However, conditions and location are far more of a factor and really dictate response. I live in the mountains of Virginia where we do get snow, but only a couple of feet in a typical year, and the winter is now too warm to retain a snow pack on the road, or even keep the road frozen. I have a mile long driveway that has several steep places and steep curves. Given the minimum amount of snow here, it would be cost-ineffective to blow thousands for a blower or even a loader-mounted blade. I do quite well with my FEL and a back blade. Since I have slopes, I have to make sure that some gravel shows on the slopes or visitors will go sliding down hills. That means some gravel is going to be moved. So, in those areas, I simply widened my road so that I can easily scrape out a lane with the snow/gravel pile still on the edge of the road. Then, when it melts, I use the blade to push the gravel ridges back into the center. Admittedly, I have little problem with grass or weeds because most of my driveway is through forest. So some scattering of gravel may waste a little stone, but that means little in the long run. I normally add gravel to needy sections every two or three years - one to three tandem truck loads. It has worked for me for over 25 years now.