How do you keep birds out of your sheds?

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #11  
Great question! I built a semi enclosed shed roof off my shop this past summer. So far no bird issues, but now I know what to do if I have them.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #12  
BB rifle.
I'll get plenty of nasty replies but I've tried everything with birds roosting in sheds, overhangs, etc.
A friend works at a local Walmart and their garden section is full of birds, opening bird seed, crapping everywhere.
Store manager uses a BB rifle at night when store has few customers.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #13  
Beyond sealing the shed, I haven't found anything that works long term. I hear that the anti-roosting mesh and plastic "tines" work, but that is a lot of effort, in my option compared to sealing the shed. I have heard from others that the electronic bird cry versions work, but I think that the cure is worse than the problem. I can't stand the sound of them. For sheds with flammable items, I really hate to have anything electrical "on" inside for reasons of fire risk.

All the best,

Peter

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #14  
It's interesting although something simple has worked for years people look around for modern technology to replace it. Birds are cautious by nature and avoid places where others of their kind can't be seen. Consider how well decoys work to attract flocks to a chosen location. If you are overrun with birds you've waited to long for a simple solution. An air rifle parked in a building is ready to pick off the first arrival,whereas if first arrival settles in others will soon follow and you'll have to kill the whole bunch to prevent them attracting more. Keep safety googles with the rifle.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #15  
I've been a little under the weather for a long time.

Bird control has gotten away from me.

We have a bunch of sparrows in the tool shed.

I have not figured out where they're getting in at.

They pooped on the plastic owls - and everything else.

We leave a radio play 24/7. They like that too. Maybe I should set it to NPR instead of classic country
I rescued a ferral cat. She was delivered by the local PAWs group. Spayed, chipped, and shot. I got 2 now one in each barn. I feed em a little dry cat food and water. No birds or mice for 3 yrs now. Save a life and solve a problem. I put some 2x6 up in the attic space to make sure she can get everywhere she needs to be.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #16  
One thing that works also is I got a roll of aluminum flashing, about 10" wide. Everywhere birds were building a nest I'd staple a piece of flashing at a 45 sloped angle over posts, lights...anywhere they were trying build a nest. That worked well.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #17  
I have 3 overhead doors on my PB. If the birds come in my shop they fly right out, but if they come in the other two they go up high and won't come out.

I used pieces of pie tin moved in the wind and helped, but fell apart. I bought the disks that swivel and reflect the sun when they move. You can get them

from Walmart or Amazon. They aren't 100%, but work very well to keep the birds out.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #18  
A cat might work. I've been using one of these for years. Work great. I've caught hundreds. You need to be prepared ahead of time with a dispatching "plan". I wring their necks.

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #19  
Here's a picture of the bird disks. There are 3 disks on each swivel.

20221209_122623.jpg

/ How do you keep birds out of your sheds? #20  
Talked to the guy at Walmart and he said to use this. I told him I wasn’t to comfortable with that idea, so he gave me a box of orange clay pigeons to practice with in the back yard.
1670609637686.jpeg

* sorry, I was just on the groan thread...:)

Last edited: