How Do You Organize Your Shop?

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #51  
CoyoteMachine. I think the problem is that we see the potential in things rather the the potential they have for clutter.

Sometimes the potential is realized and a lot of times it is just clutter.

Another problem is that I have too many interests. None get as much attention as I would like to give them. Not willing to let any of them go.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #52  
CoyoteMachine. I think the problem is that we see the potential in things rather the the potential they have for clutter.

Sometimes the potential is realized and a lot of times it is just clutter.

Another problem is that I have too many interests. None get as much attention as I would like to give them. Not willing to let any of them go.

Ever noticed when you get rid of anything there is almost always an immediate for what you got rid of?!
I'm not having any of that, bury me with my stuff, big dog wins, man with most toys, etc.
Clutter is my middle name!
I'm not giving up any of my interests either; could someone please remind me of what some of them are? I forgot I've got so many I can't keep track. What was I talking about?!:confused2:

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #53  
My strategy is that as long as I can close the door with all the loose stuff on the inside of the shop, it is good to go.......

I also use the technique that post #4 uses...... What I use last in on the top of the pile.....

Enjoy

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #54  
I use "speciality" boxes. I pick up tool boxes at garage sales and auctions and one is my soldering box-everything soldering is in there. One is my pop rivet box-- everything for pop riveting. One for zip ties....................... Well, you get the idea. I have MANY of these on shelves, all labeled and it seems to help me find what I need when I need it.

I save the big coffee cans that are plastic or metal (trash the cardboard ones) and do the same thing!!

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #55  
Ever noticed when you get rid of anything there is almost always an immediate for what you got rid of?!<snip>

That's part of the secret for being organized and having a good memory. Hopefully I'm approaching the point of having enough "stuff" and being able to spread it out so it's visible or in labeled areas. There's been many times in the last couple of years that I've tried to "jury rig" something and after just a little rooting around come up with the perfect fitting latch or hinge or part that I had gotten decades ago and filed away.

I've a 3 shelf, 9.5' x 3.5 foot pallet rack unit just for lubricants and vehicle liquids. Sorted by type and vehicle, labels facing out, 5 gallon pails on the floor.

I've 2 shelves for plumbing supplies.

Before I had to either pile everything in boxes or not store it. And invariably within a year after I tossed, for example, a 14" braided faucet hose, I'd need one. Now I tend to keep one or two copies of everything. Except wives.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #56  
My shop is alphabetized.....for example.....if you open my "A" drawer....you will find all of my tools and things that start with the letter "A".....like A screwdriver, A Hammer, A pipe wrench, A saw, A roll of duct tape, A half eaten sandwich, a paintbrush etc...... If I can't find something.....it's usually in the "A" drawer. Oh...did I mention....I have several "A" drawers.:thumbsup:

that's funny. me thinks that your "B" drawer and your "S" drawer are too crowded.
my wife paints all the tools pink, so that I won't take them.

/ How Do You Organize Your Shop? #57  
I am picking up a rolling tool chest today (rainchecked 3 wks ago) - so my afternoon will be busy, but at least a good number of the tools will be in the right spot. my wife (the beekeeper) is so busy, that she'll maybe notice it on the weekend.

Done
Hasn't noticed, even had to walk around it (strategic placement):D