How do you park your tractor?

/ How do you park your tractor? #11  
In gear, brake off, all implements down. My tractor is a manual transmission.

/ How do you park your tractor? #12  
My Uncle parked his that way (brake off, in gear) and my cousin was playing 'tractor' and popped it out of gear at age 4. Away he went, with the tractor. He rode it quite a ways before it ran into some bushes and 'all was well' with no-one hurt.
I usually only store mine on the level in the shed, so no brake on. But with hydro, get into the habit of pulling it whenever outside the shed.

/ How do you park your tractor? #13  
No kids here, and the tractor is normally in a garage, so this is safe.

I rarely stop or park on a slope, but if I do, I'll chock the tires

/ How do you park your tractor? #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here is how not to park one.... )</font>

Dave,
Just looks to me like they're doing a L/R axle seal..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How do you park your tractor? #15  
In the garage, it's in an HST gear with the FEL and 3 ph down. No parking brake, same as my truck or car in the garage.

Any other time that I stop it, I apply the parking brake, same as my truck or car here in hilly Virginia. The safest thing to do, if you can kill it is to stop it in gear. If you must have it running like for using the PTO for a shredder/chipper, I lower the FEL with the digging edge down but not straight down, at a going-forward-slope down.

Ralph

/ How do you park your tractor? #16  
99.5% of the time the tractor is parked in the barn, the car or truck have to brave the elements. If there is anything connected to the 3PH that is lowered and most of the time the FEL is lowered with the bucket resting flat on the floor.

Being a gear drive whatever gear it was in it stays in. When parking it outside in between use the parking brake is engauged and the FEL and 3PH are lowered. Also the throttle is in the lowest RPM position and the PTO is dis-engauged.

Randy

/ How do you park your tractor? #17  
The Deere has a "park" built into the tranny. Won't start without being there, so it STOPS in park too.

Massey is gear too, but will roll if there's a 1/4" incline. Never seen any tractor roll so easy. It gets brakes locked, in gear, and some thought given to where it's parked. (No hills, no new car in front of it)

Little Deere (lawn mower) is hydrostat, and is almost impossible to move without engine running. No need for brakes OR park.

All three get parked in a shed with a LOCKING door. Kids will do things to tractors that adults don't expect. I don't like that sort of suprise.

/ How do you park your tractor? #18  
Put the tractor in neutral if its a gear model, and set the parking brake. Don't do like me and leave the key in it.

If your BH has a boom and swing lock, then I would use them. If not set the boom on the ground or it's going to settle down regardless. I also recommend tying the stabilizers in the up position so you don't try to back out of the barn once they have settled overnight and acidentially end up modifing the door opening. Don't ask me how I found out about the latter issue. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ How do you park your tractor? #19  
PineRidge,
Good point about the stabilizers leaking down. I should install a pin & lock for them. I know what you're talking about...don't ask me how I knew that. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How do you park your tractor? #20  
I park my 2305 on a concrete slab, FEL on the ground, not locked in float, box blade on ground, parking brake engaged, HST in Neutral. Oh and a breathable cover over the whole works.