How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard?

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #11  
You must have forgotten everything comes from China now. :cool:

That statement sure touches a nerve, everything that I buy made out of this China rubber is cracking and degrading within a year or two, my tires, my air hoses and the list goes on. Question is, where can you shop to avoid this garbage?

My John Deere tires are filled with rim guard and no one locally carries the product, so if I get a puncture and don't notice it and I loose the rim guard I'm in trouble, I think I will park my tractor on a sheet of plywood so I will notice a leak quickly and plug it. I have the same concern as the OP.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #12  
8 years ago I had RG in my tires, in Dec. got a puncture in one, took it back to the kubota place where I bought my tractor, they drain it, patch the tire, refilled it with RG, had to add coulpe gal of new. Sat. morning picked it up, wanted to know if it had a tube, dont think it did because the slip said (patch tire) the sales guy didn't know, tire guy wasn't there so I paid the $250.00 bill and got a thank you for your business, I was just happy to get the tire back by Sat. I think those original 11.2-24 AGs were 4 ply, I now have 6, next time I'll get 10.

If in a couple years I do have to change tires, I'll look into getting all the tools and jingle jangles of doing the job myself, if I can find a RG transfer pump that I can afford, I'll might even get that, but then again, I'm thinking of switching to and making my own external wheel weights and to hades with ballast filled tires.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #13  
if I can find a RG transfer pump that I can afford, I'll might even get that, but then again, I'm thinking of switching to and making my own external wheel weights and to hades with ballast filled tires.
Gemplers sells transfer pumps, but they are expensive. A simple (cheap) drill mounted pump will do the job. Just remember to rinse it out thoroughly with water when you are done.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #14  
8 years ago I had RG in my tires, in Dec. got a puncture in one, took it back to the kubota place where I bought my tractor, they drain it, patch the tire, refilled it with RG, had to add coulpe gal of new. Sat. morning picked it up, wanted to know if it had a tube, dont think it did because the slip said (patch tire) the sales guy didn't know, tire guy wasn't there so I paid the $250.00 bill and got a thank you for your business, I was just happy to get the tire back by Sat. I think those original 11.2-24 AGs were 4 ply, I now have 6, next time I'll get 10.

If in a couple years I do have to change tires, I'll look into getting all the tools and jingle jangles of doing the job myself, if I can find a RG transfer pump that I can afford, I'll might even get that, but then again, I'm thinking of switching to and making my own external wheel weights and to hades with ballast filled tires.

The next question is, will your RimGuard dealer sell you any RimGuard?
Seems, that many simply state that THEY must do the filling, or refilling.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard?
Someone said Tractor Supply House has a device so you can fill your own tires. I've looked around a bit but haven't found it yet.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #17  
Ford 2000; 3 cyl. 4/1 trans...I recently filled my front and rear tires with windshield washer fluid, the kind that's good to -20 degrees. Got the transfer pump from Harbor Freight for about $60, the valve stem filler valve from Napa (Tractor Supply also has the valve) and 55 gallon drum of WWF from a local fuel/lube supplier. They delivered the drum of WWF as part of the purchase price. Total cost was about $200 or so. Put 6 gallons in each front tire (with tubes) and split the remaining between the two rear tires. Cheated a bit by adding some water to the rears as we don't get -20 degree weather her just north of Atlanta. I wanted some extra weight for traction and ballast against turning over. So far no punctures and the cost of replacement WWF is pretty reasonable. Rimguard may be available around here but I don't know anyone who sells/installs it.

Regarding tire plugs...my 1980 F100 probably had 10 plugs per tire from screws and nails left in my driveway from volunteers helping with building sets for children's theater productions over about 15 years. Never had a plug fail in my tubeless tires. I'd think they wouldn't be any good for tires with tubes.

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #18  
The tire guys here prefer tubes be put in the tires using Rimguard, the seating of the bead on the rim is better when it is dry also and not coated with Rimguard. A dry bead seal keeps the tire from spinning on the rim. As for repair, just patch the tube and maybe plug patch the tire if needed.

David

/ How do you repair a punctured tire filled with rimguard? #19  
The next question is, will your RimGuard dealer sell you any RimGuard?
Seems, that many simply state that THEY must do the filling, or refilling.

That's the case here, I don't know where to get a small quantity.