Grading How does my three point float work GC1705?

/ How does my three point float work GC1705?
You don't have to hold the handle down in order to float, you just have to hold it down for a few seconds after the implement hits the ground. The 3point lift cylinder retracts a lot slower once the implement is on the ground but it will still retract as it is not pinned to the lift arms(you can make it drop faster if you play with the drop rate know in front of the seat but it is hard to get back to where you had it set). This is most easily shown with a plow or cultivator: stop forward motion of the tractor, lower the implement until it is on the ground (if you let go of the lever now and drive ahead it will stay on the surface), now before you pull ahead hold the lever in the lower position for say 15seconds (longer than is really needed but will make sure the lift cylinder is retracted, then release the handle and start driving forward and the plow will dig into the ground(without holding the handle).

So I have been working with my back blade on some projects, I have found that holding the handle down after the blade touches the ground for "any" period of time does nothing. There are two ways to keep the implement on the ground on uneven terrain on a GC1705, you either have to drop the implement on the ground in a low spot that in lower than the tractor or hold the drop/lift handle down indefinitely, there is no other way on these small tractors, they are limited as far as three point hitch capability..

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #52  
So I have been working with my back blade on some projects, I have found that holding the handle down after the blade touches the ground for "any" period of time does nothing. There are two ways to keep the implement on the ground on uneven terrain on a GC1705, you either have to drop the implement on the ground in a low spot that in lower than the tractor or hold the drop/lift handle down indefinitely, there is no other way on these small tractors, they are limited as far as three point hitch capability..

This has been a long thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned.
One thing I haven't heard is the use of the Rate of Drop Control Knob. I adjust mine on my tractor just about every time I change implements
I assume the GC 1705 has one

Rate of Drop Control Knob
The rate of drop control knob is located below the seat on the operator痴 platform. By turning the knob one way or the other, the operator can adjust the oil flow to the 3-point hitch, therefore adjusting the speed at which the hitch moves. The knob is clearly labeled for accuracy.

If you want your implement to stay on the ground or "float", open the valve (typically counterclockwise) and you implement will drop faster and follow the terrain. It's own weight will keep it on the ground. Turn it the other way and your implement will drop slowly and will have a difficult time quickly adjusting to changes in the terrain.
Hope this helps

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #53  
This has been a long thread so forgive me if this has been mentioned.
One thing I haven't heard is the use of the Rate of Drop Control Knob. I adjust mine on my tractor just about every time I change implements
I assume the GC 1705 has one

Rate of Drop Control Knob
The rate of drop control knob is located below the seat on the operator痴 platform. By turning the knob one way or the other, the operator can adjust the oil flow to the 3-point hitch, therefore adjusting the speed at which the hitch moves. The knob is clearly labeled for accuracy.

If you want your implement to stay on the ground or "float", open the valve (typically counterclockwise) and you implement will drop faster and follow the terrain. It's own weight will keep it on the ground. Turn it the other way and your implement will drop slowly and will have a difficult time quickly adjusting to changes in the terrain.
Hope this helps

I figured out a way to make the implement float without having a float on my GC1705.. I went to the John Deere dealer and bought a stop (off of a 1025R) and installed it in the slot with the handle that drops and lifts the implement, I had to buy two fender washers at the hardware store.. Now I can drop my blade and the blade will ride along the contours of my driveway..

Attachments

• float1.jpg
    float1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 197
  • float2.jpg
    float2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 178
   / How does my three point float work GC1705? #55  
Atsah, what's the rod and bearings for on the floorboard?

Good observation.. That is my hand control for forward and reverse, I am paralyzed from the waste down and have no use of my legs at all.. I built it and installed it myself, works perfectly..

Attachments

• hand controls 3.jpg
    hand controls 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 132
   / How does my three point float work GC1705? #57  
Good observation.. That is my hand control for forward and reverse, I am paralyzed from the waste down and have no use of my legs at all.. I built it and installed it myself, works perfectly..

Pretty ingenious, although I don't see a similar setup for reverse. Set me straight.

Pretty ingenious, although I don't see a similar setup for reverse. Set me straight.

Okay so, the forward/reverse is connected on most sub compacts unlike EHYDRO tractors, if you push the forward control the reverse moves in the opposite direction so there is no need to connect to reverse, push forward, you go forward, pull backwards, you go backwards..

/ How does my three point float work GC1705? #59  
Okay so, the forward/reverse is connected on most sub compacts unlike EHYDRO tractors, if you push the forward control the reverse moves in the opposite direction so there is no need to connect to reverse, push forward, you go forward, pull backwards, you go backwards..

Ahh pretty cool. Nice setup.

Ahh pretty cool. Nice setup.

Thank you.. I was an electronic engineer for 25 years in MA so I like messing around with this stuff..

Love the quote in your sig, my thoughts exactly..