How does this wheel come off?

/ How does this wheel come off? #11  
Tried several kinds of lubricant but I don't think you can beat WD-40. Looks like some good rust there, keep spraying and tapping. One evening years ago we couldn't remove exhaust bolts on my boy's truck with an impact. Sprayed liberally (hate to use that word) with the WD and waited til the next evening. Worked great, came off with no problem.

/ How does this wheel come off? #12  
First of all, Do Not apply heat to it, there are several threads and youtube viddys of tires exploding when the rim was welded or heated like that.
Second, if you have the model number, see if you can find something on Manuals Online that gives an exploded view that will assist in taking it apart if there is some hidden trick involved.

/ How does this wheel come off?
First of all, Do Not apply heat to it, there are several threads and youtube viddys of tires exploding when the rim was welded or heated like that.
Second, if you have the model number, see if you can find something on Manuals Online that gives an exploded view that will assist in taking it apart if there is some hidden trick involved.
Thanks for the warning, flyerdan. I appreciate the concern although in this case the tires are well beyond exploding!:rolleyes: I want to remove them and most likely replace if they appear too rotten.

is it self propelled?

Yes. This is what's called a walk-behind. It's an older model and thus is actually equipped with a two-speed tranny. Once I have crossed this hurdle, I will go back to posting the rest of the project on a thread I started late last winter about finding a way to tow something to ride on behind the snowthrower. I'll post the link to that thread soon.

/ How does this wheel come off? #15  
if it's SP.. the axle cannot ferewheel inside the wheel hubs...

Sprayed liberally (hate to use that word)
I think I know what you mean and the sentiment is shared.:muttering: If the penetrating fluid doesn't soon do the job I'll go with the WD40. But it's looking more and more like I'll have to custom fashion a puller for each side and do it that way. Too much beating on the ends of the driven shaft could mushroom it and then I could be screwed!:shocked:

/ How does this wheel come off? #19  
Sprayed liberally (hate to use that word)
I think I know what you mean and the sentiment is shared.:muttering: If the penetrating fluid doesn't soon do the job I'll go with the WD40. But it's looking more and more like I'll have to custom fashion a puller for each side and do it that way. Too much beating on the ends of the driven shaft could mushroom it and then I could be screwed!:shocked:

but not tatoo'd. you can regrind the axles ends if they do mushroom.. though do try to avoid that. :)

Keep us posted

Yup. Will do. Probably not today, though.:smiley_aafz: Our pressure tank sprung a leak and guess who has to put on his plumbers hat?:hissyfit: