How does your garden grow?

/ How does your garden grow? #1,821  
Fresh can be a bit 'hot'. I would stick with year old and leave the fresh for next year. Definitely don't try it with fresh chicken manure! We mix aged cow or chicken manure with sand and peat moss as an additive.

how is your chicken litter aged and for how long? composting does not work that well here, we have been trying to compost ours. but its a pain, we have to water it, and its not hot enough for long enough to make it happen.

/ How does your garden grow? #1,822  
how is your chicken litter aged and for how long? composting does not work that well here, we have been trying to compost ours. but its a pain, we have to water it, and its not hot enough for long enough to make it happen.
That's the problem and why I don't usually use it. When I do get chicken manure I mix it with dead fallen dry leaves and make a pile in the winter. It gets watered naturally in the winter but it usually isn't ready until the next year (four seasons). Then I use sand and peat at about equal mixes. I can't say this is the best, just what I tend to do.

/ How does your garden grow? #1,823  
Check what this guy is doing using fresh chicken manure... at 8:15 into the video and then again at 12:15 (to save you some time).

How to use fresh chicken manure in your garden and chicken update - YouTube

Never tried it and I wouldn't be as comfortable as this guy putting on my vegetables plants.