How far is too far to the dealership?

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #11  
A good dealer is never to far away IMHO.I would drive 100 miles plus for a great dealer.coobie

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #12  
I have 3 Kubota dealers within 30 miles, one within 300 yards of my job, but bought my tractor from a dealer 60 miles away because of best price.
A visit to the local dealer is like a kid in a candy shop to me. Just because you finally have a tractor doesn't mean you're finished. The dealers often carry cool stuff you never knew existed but soon must have, even though you don't know exactly what you will do with it. And then the friendly chats with the parts man, or the "jenius" mechanic, but watch out for the overly friendly salesman, he'll talk you into something your wife probably doesn't need for her birthday.

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #13  
I have blue dealer 12 miles from my house, they wouldn't sell me a tractor, I think their used tractors has gold in the tires for ballast. Two orange dealers on the way to the blue dealer, pretty sure they are from a different planet. I bought my tractor 180 miles from home and felt good when I walked in and out of their building. I have trucks and trailers so transport was irrelevant. I will without a doubt buy the sought after attachments I want from the same dealer. I have means of standard repair and service close by whom are not dealers. I went blue and far and am happy. Green is close to home also but they were from the same planet as the orange dealer.

Good luck

brad

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #14  
jcims said:
stopping at the gas station at 66 and 322 (Country Fair?)
I live within 5 miles from there.

Kane/Ludlow (where i grew up).
I was up through Kane not long ago. I like to do a little snowmobiling in the Allegany National Forest up that way on occasion also.

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #15  
My opinion, is that the dealer pre-delivery checkout is probably the most important thing any dealer can do for you. If it's done correctly, neatly and accurately - little goes wrong. If it's done poorly, sloppily or with bolts to wrong torques etc, there is a great chance of later repairs being needed.

/ How far is too far to the dealership?
DK35vince said:
I was up through Kane not long ago. I like to do a little snowmobiling in the Allegany National Forest up that way on occasion also.

Cool! Run into any bigfoot seekers? haha. My Grandpa owns Richgas (propane) out of Kane...you may have bumped into them from time to time.

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #17  
john_bud said:
My opinion, is that the dealer pre-delivery checkout is probably the most important thing any dealer can do for you. If it's done correctly, neatly and accurately - little goes wrong. If it's done poorly, sloppily or with bolts to wrong torques etc, there is a great chance of later repairs being needed.

It would be hard to argue with that.;)

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #18  
I would (and do) drive 30 minutes to get to a good dealer as opposed to 5 minutes for a mediocre one.

/ How far is too far to the dealership?
bigshovel said:
I bought my tractor 180 miles from home and felt good when I walked in and out of their building. I have trucks and trailers so transport was irrelevant.

Thanks for sharing this Brad, it makes me feel a little better about my situation. One quick question, i saw another thread about 50 and 100 hour services, do you do stuff like that yourself or did you have the dealer take care of it (either they come to you or you haul it there)?

Thanks!

/ How far is too far to the dealership? #20  
How far is too far to the dealership?

My dealer is 619 miles away... I bought factory direct. ;)