How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100.

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #1  

Sid Post

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 5711D, Kubota L4600, Kubota B2601
The P100 Zetor locally is ~$70K new with loader and cab. Overall it looked like a really good tractor without most of the electronics on CNH and AGCO tractors in a similar size.

Does anyone have experience with the large Zetor tractors that can compare and contrast them with a similar size Massey, CaseIH, or Kubota tractor? I'm looking to use it in a hay field and around cattle mainly.

Thanks!

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #2  
I guess my only concern would be the dealer and if they are good or not. Never seen one around here actually though I see Same tractors are making an appearance as there is a dealer north and west of here.

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #3  
No experience, but like you, I am very interested. Valtra also an interesting brand.
If you are trying to save some $, look at McCormick and Deutz. Well built tractors at a cheaper price, but less dealer support.

I had a McCormick and liked it.

Last edited:
   / How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #4  
No experience. Many years ago I saw one. Out in a wheat field about 100 miles west of me here. Our closest dealers are in eastern and central Oregon. Over 150 mile from here.

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #5  
The dealer in Tyler is just a few miles from my place and I bought my first tractor from him, a Century 2535, and then a few years later a 16 foot trailer. I doubt anybody will beat him on pricing for what he has in stock. If it's on the yard, it's for sale and he really wants to sell it. When I brought my tractor in to have an issue fixed, he kept it for about a month and then said that they couldn't find the problem. I started it up and in five seconds, I showed him the problem. I don't believe they ever looked at it, they just let it sit there until I needed it. I never brought it back and I fixed it myself every time after that. They have been good at suggesting after market parts to fix things like the fuel pump. But if I needed something from them, they would order it and tell me it would be there on Thursday. When I got there on Friday, it was going to be there next Thursday. This went on and on until it did eventually arrive. When I talk to other people that have dealt with them, the Thursday joke is something that we all share.

My neighbor has had several Zetor tractors and he's a big fan of them.

When I was shopping for a new tractor, I considered Zetor because I like how little electronics they have, but when I looked at them at J&K Sales, I was very disappointed in how quickly they aged. A few where beat up from years and years of abuse, and that was obvious, but several only had a few hundred hours on them and they also looked beat up and worn out.

While I was looking, my neighbor was hiring people to mow his place because his Zetor was in the shop. It shouldn't of been a huge deal, but it seamed that the dealer was losing parts, forgetting to order parts, and never having time to put it back together. This went on for a few months and it really ended all interest that I might of had in Zetor.

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100.
Yep, I want to the Zetor dealer on 271 on the edge of Tyler, Tx.

The Zetor looked like an old-school tractor with some modern features. A few mixed feelings at the moment with Zetor tractors but, they certainly look like solid machines.

Well, it looks like for broader dealer support, the Zetor isn't a good option. Some of their smaller tractors look like dead ringers for TYM. Same for the McCormick SCUT/CUT.

Looks like I need to rethink my option with TYM. TYM seems to have much broader dealer support as well so less risk of a single dealer going out of business and leaving me high and dry with a tractor breakdown.

/ How good are Zetor large tractors in the USA? Looked at P100. #9  
Well, it looks like for broader dealer support, the Zetor isn't a good option. Some of their smaller tractors look like dead ringers for TYM. Same for the McCormick SCUT/CUT.

Looks like I need to rethink my option with TYM. TYM seems to have much broader dealer support as well so less risk of a single dealer going out of business and leaving me high and dry with a tractor breakdown.
That’s not uncommon. Deere subs with Yanmar, NH with Shibaura, etc.

I have no problem with anyone buying a TYM, I do think (speaking for myself) it would be helpful if you listed your specific tasks so more of us could give more specific input.

Ended up getting a Massey 6711D! A little more spendy but, WOW! What a tractor. Brake-N-Go and the cab suspension combined with the Dyna transmission should make this tractor a real joy to use for years to come.