How good does a sharpened rotary cutter cut?

/ How good does a sharpened rotary cutter cut? #31  
I'm not sure how all of the Brush Hog type mowers work but on all I have used, you reach through a hole on top of deck and take off a large nut to change blades (large nut that usually requires an impact wrench or 3/4 in breaker bar with pipe extension). In 40 years of Brush Hogging I have never sharpened blades on a Brush Hog as that is not the type of mowing they are designed to do.

Andy

An

/ How good does a sharpened rotary cutter cut? #32  
Michael,

If you do a search for "Mower setup", you will find your answers. There have been many threads and a lot of great methods detailed. Too many to regurgitate here during a daylight thread highjacking.

The search function is your friend, but only if you use it.

/ How good does a sharpened rotary cutter cut? #33  
Soundguy said:
Ford850: Your KK wouldn't happen to be a newer yellow one.. or one of the older HD ones would it? I've seent hem with higher side walls than the old 'red' series that TSC used to carry years ago.. etc. ( my old one is like that.. very low side walls. )

Soundguy
Soundguy,
Yes mine is the newer yellow KK. I think the 60" model cuts as low as 2", but the 72" is a 4" minimum. I looked at a HD 72" KK at TSC last week. It has 2 wheels on the back. It looks like it mows down to 2", but it is a whopping $2400+. That's a lot of $$ for the yellow paint.