How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #11  
My property was purchased with a 40x80 hut on it. It sits right near the road only about 30' from my house and it is U G L Y. I'm going to try changing the color from bright silver to barn red. I'll post pictures when complete.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( >>This was done by me, one pretty skilled carpenter, and one willing but clueless guy -- who could climb like a monkey.

Moe, Larry and Curly? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Precisely. I got to be Moe. ---- Why I oudddaaaa.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He said the retail price was $1499 for a 30' X 36' he was willing to make it 30' x 40' throw in the bottom attachment piece for the foundation and sell it for $7891. They call all the time and have ads in the classifieds for buildings ordered with deposits already paid and not delivered it always sounds like a scam and I'm sure it is but the price sounded good until I started researching others on the net and then it was about average for posted prices for the size I wanted from their competition.
Steve )</font>

That sounds like a pretty shady scam to me. My 40 x 76 SteelMaster was a little under 16K delivered with the foundation plates, three overhead door frames, two window frames and a walk door.

As for ugly -- I am not wild about the smaller ones, but the larger arches (32 plus) make a fine looking building with better inside head room than you can get from pole frame or steel frame.

The companies all make it seem easier to assemble than it really is, but on the other hand a lot of other companies do the same thing.

For the size you're looking at, a pole barn might be a wise choice.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg
Highbeam, Sorry yep $14,999. was the retail price. I am amazed how many of these type buildings are in our local paper every week and when you call them they all have a special deal because somebody ordered one and put down 25% and then didn't take delivery. Why can't they just sell their product for a reasonable price to start with instead of making up some story to convince you to jump in fast because of some other dream't up reason for instance the guy I was talking to claimed it was already on a truck with four other buildings headed to a farm auction but if I'd like it they would pull it aside, add 4' to it and ship it to me for almost 50% off their retail price. Hmm! Kinda sounds like so many of the ebay stories we hear about on this site, send us 25% and we'll ship it to you.
Steve

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg
Well they called again this morning and dropped the price another $600. He got kinda huffy when I asked him about actual time to assemble and said he attended some home shows in Houston and went out and hired wetbacks/Mexicans that didn't speak or read english and they could put up a building in 6 or 7 hours. When I told him I was one guy not 8 or 10 and the building I was looking at was 30' x 40' and I didn't imagine they were assembling a 14' tall 30' x 40' building at a home show is when he went from huffy to plain pissed off and hung up on me after telling me of course not they were inside a colliseum and the building was 12' x 12'.
Steve

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #16  
My neighbor had a poloe barn built while I was building my quanset. His is 30 X 50 and mine is 40X 60. The builders came in on Friday at noon and the building was finished and they pulled out by noon on Saturday. His was $5,800 erected without concrete and mine was $12,500 setting on pallets. Mine is a nicer building but his was painless. It came out of Arkansas but I don't remember the name of the company. 5 years ago and I'm sure they are higher by now.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #17  
Steven,

I built a 20x30, and it was very easy. You do need a helper and a scaffold though, because they're so tall. It makes a very strong building. It looks nothing like a quonset hut. Mine is actually more "barn-shaped", and has much more efficient storage space than the quonset style.

Good luck,

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #18  
Forgot to mention: If you do get one, think about getting 2-3 extra arches to make a front and/or rear overhang or "porch". Keeps the rain from blowing in the doors and windows.

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #19  
It really is easy-Wife and I assembled arches in about 8 hrs (24x40), on the pad. Building may be attatched to pad with optional steel reinforced sections bolted down to pad. Building erected in about 8 hrs total, 6 adults,3 kids, remember all bolts are just put in, not tight, about 5 hrs more to tighten all.
Pad $6000, Bldg with optional attatchment brkts, $7000, Overhead doors,$500, LEGAL FEES $52000+---Sued by Homeowners Assoc. and Won!!
Now is the most expensive garage in the county!! Love it, would definitley do another!
Building is a US building from NC, "free delivery"

/ How hard is it to assemble a quonset hut type bldg #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Pad $6000, Bldg with optional attatchment brkts, $7000, Overhead doors,$500, LEGAL FEES $52000+---Sued by Homeowners Assoc. and Won!!

)</font>

I'm sure there is a story or 2 there.:)

--->Paul