How heavy is TOO heavy?

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #11  
Have fun and be safe. Once you get it hooked up.. lift it and try manuvering with it. It will be obvious if the front is real light..

Soundguy

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #12  
jr9x23 said:
Thanks, I remember that the tractor has some weights on the front. I'll ask how much when it gets delivered tonight. I am really excited to get it. Nine hours and counting. This is going to be the longest stinkin' day....

Justin

Post pics

Bob

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #13  
Deffinately gotta see the pics!

Soundguy

/ How heavy is TOO heavy?
Okay, so it won't win Best in Show, but its my first tractor and I am happy!

I get the monster brush hog tomorrow. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Thanks for all the helpful info,

Justin

Attachments

• DSC01961a.JPG
    DSC01961a.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 286
   / How heavy is TOO heavy? #15  
jr9x23 said:

Justin

Looks like a good, solid, straight tractor. Should give you many years of dependable service.

HAPPY TRACTORIN'!

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #16  
jr9x23 said:

Justin

That's a clean and mean looking machine!

Soundguy

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #17  
Very nice looking tractor. Is that front bumper tubular?

/ How heavy is TOO heavy?
Hey, luckily my tractor is more reliable than our broadband connection. I used the brush hog for about 8 hrs now in our pasture and in some areas it had gotten pretty overgrown. I have had no problem with the front end lifting except when I am in real thick stuff, turning tight, and cresting a hump - then the front wheels don't stick and the front end just wanders a little. I just turn a little slower.

Oh, firemanpat2910, the bumper is not tubular, each member is, in section, an arc (maybe a quarter circle).

Thanks again for all your comments.

Justin

/ How heavy is TOO heavy? #20  
That looks like the 3 cyl deisel. I had one for a long time, finally selling it last year at around 7000 hours. Had to rebuild the starter twice but that was it for problems. You have much more hydraulic power there than needed to lift 1000 lbs, it will put up around 2000 lbs. As others have said your problem will not be hydraulic power but keeping the front end down and weights can fix that. That tractor was really good on fuel. the only thing I didn't like about it was that it was real loud at high rpm, always requiring the use of hearing protection. Also, I would reccomend you use an overrunning coupler with that cutter (around $70 at TSC). The coupler will allow you to quickly go from forward to reverse while cutting and keep the cutter from pushing the tractor while you clutch.