How hot is the CUT competition getting these days?

/ How hot is the CUT competition getting these days? #31  
riptides said:
I was backwards. I bought a tractor, then bought more property, then bought a bigger tractor, then more property.....

So now I need a bigger tractor!

Heheheh
-Mike Z.
Yeah, looks like you were backwards for a little while.
But when you get that bigger tractor, you'll be all caught up.:)
Still a good example of the property acquisition/tractor relationship though.

/ How hot is the CUT competition getting these days? #32  
3RRL said:
Yeah, looks like you were backwards for a little while.
But when you get that bigger tractor, you'll be all caught up.:)
Still a good example of the property acquisition/tractor relationship though.

Not just property either, but we sold a number of tractors to people that worked in property sales, people that worked at or owned mortgage companies, building contractors, etc. When property is booming, a lot of poeple have money to spend. When values decline, people get cautious. I suspect sales of boats and Harley's drop off some also.

/ How hot is the CUT competition getting these days? #33  
DavesTractor said:
Not just property either, but we sold a number of tractors to people that worked in property sales, people that worked at or owned mortgage companies, building contractors, etc. When property is booming, a lot of poeple have money to spend. When values decline, people get cautious. I suspect sales of boats and Harley's drop off some also.

Seeing a bunch of slightly used ski boats (like Mastercraft)in my area. I suspect there will be more.

/ How hot is the CUT competition getting these days? #34  
I read that John Deere just bought the primary manufacturer of Chinese tractors in the 20-50 HP range. Slap a coat of green paint on 'em and the average JD customer will never know the difference. I think that Yanmar sees the mandarin on the wall and to hedge it's bets has picked out Cub Cadet to take over selling their tractors in the USA.

In my county you have to have 5 acres to build a house on. If you try to build on smaller "lots" you have to declare a "major subdivision" which means re-zoning it, drainage and $ewer$. Nobody does that. They just take a 80 acre farm and make around fifteen "baby farms" out of it. A horrible waste of land. Turning this whole end of the county into a vast suburb without any rural areas. Makes for huge "lawns" to take care of. Where the cattle used to graze 30 years ago now everyone has to mow it with a CUT or a ZTR mower. Such a waste of gas, time and land on everyone's part just in order to get to use a septic tank.........Tucky