How I move elevated box blinds.

/ How I move elevated box blinds. #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I used a plate with QD mounts and added some "high Forks" to enable me to move my deer blinds. Most of my blinds are from 8 to 12 feet high......now I simply remove the ground anchor....pick them up by the floor.....and carefully / slowly drive them to a new location. You do need a wide trail or food plot with adequate overhead clearance.....but I have built that into my plan. Works very well for me. Takes just a short time to move em. I have 9 box blinds on my land.

grill guard and stand mover.jpg

moving-deer-stand.jpg

/ How I move elevated box blinds. #2  
How do you handle hills?

/ How I move elevated box blinds.
How do you handle hills?

I avoid 'em. ;). Not a good idea to do this on hilly ground. You really need to go easy with a high load like this......but it is fairly well balanced with the weight below if I dont get too crazy.

/ How I move elevated box blinds. #4  
Our place is hilly. I moved a box blind this past weekend but the legs were only about two feet. The hills still produced a bit of pucker. When treated lumber goes down I plan to build a couple of portable two piece box blinds. My plan is an eight foot base and the box and screw them together.

Attachments

• 5F0208AF-0C12-46E1-BC28-D7111A58E430.jpeg
    5F0208AF-0C12-46E1-BC28-D7111A58E430.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 109
   / How I move elevated box blinds. #5  
How do you handle hills?

Three ways:

- Get a bigger tractor
- Take the uprights off; easy to do if you use those Elevator brackets
- Go backwards

Here's a pic of my neighbor taking my lower field shooting house down my hill. I forget the number but he has a 95 hp Kubota.

4wm3cKn.jpg

Under the watchful eye of the project's QC/QA Manager (his grandson):

F4okRBS.jpg

Shooting house safely down the hill with full and complete QC/QA Manager Approval:

LSJrKk9.jpg