how long did your battery last? 2320

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #1  

purpony

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2440/JD 3020/JD 314/JD 345/JD 850/JD 2320
Purchased my 2320 new in jan 07. Never had a problem with it till this morning. Ran the tractor all day yesterday. Parked it, and went to start it today and all i hear is a starter solenoid clicking. Put a charger on the battery all day, and nothing. After charging the battery only has 11.18 v. Lights dont work (only blinkers work)... looks like the battery crapped the bed-

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #2  
Purchased my 2320 new in jan 07. Never had a problem with it till this morning. Ran the tractor all day yesterday. Parked it, and went to start it today and all i hear is a starter solenoid clicking. Put a charger on the battery all day, and nothing. After charging the battery only has 11.18 v. Lights dont work (only blinkers work)... looks like the battery crapped the bed-

Must be a Deere.:D I've heard the the factory Deere batteries can have a lot of issues. Take the battery in and have it tested, but I suspect it's time to get a decient battery.

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #4  
Maybe I am just lucky but I have 2- 2002 kubotas that the batterys lasted 9 years on. On the other hand I think I replaced batterys in everything I own this winter.:laughing:

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #5  
Just under 100 hours for mine before it needed to be replaced.

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #6  
Do a search for the term "optima" here in the JD forum and you will find lots of stories about dead/leaking JD batteries.

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #7  
Maybe I am just lucky but I have 2- 2002 kubotas that the batterys lasted 9 years on. On the other hand I think I replaced batterys in everything I own this winter.:laughing:

Don't count! We're talkin' junky JD OEM batteries:D

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #9  
I have a 2002 JD 4710 4x4 I bought new in 2003. I just replaced the battery this past fall. Although it should have probably been replaced many years ago. When I attempted to loosen the battery terminal the whole terminal came out with it. I suspect its been loose since it was new. I've had problems with the battery ever since the tractor was about a year old.

/ how long did your battery last? 2320 #10  
Mine didn't even make 4 hrs on my new 2520.