How long do warm HST in winter?

/ How long do warm HST in winter? #11  
I would definitely use the Super UDT or the Amsoil equivalent if you are going to use the tractor when it's cold. -10F or colder. If you don't the HST filter can leak. My 3410 did it twice, dumping 5+ gal of hydro fluid each time. Both times were with UDT, temps below -20F and after warming the engine up.

Heating the engine WON'T heat the HST much at all. So, when heating the engine at 12-1500, use the clutch hold down. That will keep from building pressure in the HST. After the engine is warm, let the clutch in and see how much drag there is. Let it pump for a while (5-10 min) and then go.

/ How long do warm HST in winter?
I will be using the Super UDT. I had to go look to see if my L3400 had a clutch hold down. It does and I'll use it. I'm thinking I'll set the engine back to Idle when I engage the clutch, then after a few minutes increase it 1200. If it gets below 0F and I need the tractor I can always run the portable heater in the building for 4 or 5 hours to take the edge off.

I understand that the block heater won't warm the hydraulics. If they made a hydraulic oil preheater I'd have one installed.

Thanks All.

/ How long do warm HST in winter? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font>

They do make a heating type pad for the hydro oil. I think Tractor Supply handles them. There was a post on here about them a while back. Try a search. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks All. )</font>

/ How long do warm HST in winter?
I'll look for those heating pads. I found a pad I used on my 355D since they don't make a block heater for the 2 cylinder Yanmar diesel. The pad is 50 watts and really does not do much. There is not much of an area to mount it to so I couldn't go to bigger wattage levels. I use heat lamps on it too. I need to check out a hose type heater for it.

A pad for the L3400 would have to be pretty good size. I have to see if there is a flat area big enough to attach it to. A couple of 500 watt heat lamps underneath may help too. They need to be about 18 inches away.

/ How long do warm HST in winter? #15  
Last winter was my first winter for the B6100. We had our share of cold and snow here. I run regular UDT in my tractor, and using it in -20C temps didn't pose any problems. I don't give it long warm up times, just a few minutes at high idle, and away it goes to work, always without complaint, in true Kubota style!

Just my 2¢ worth.