How many acres do you own/operate on?

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #21  
We have 27 acres and now 2 tractors. A 55 hp Kama and a 28hp Jinma. We used the Kama to clear roads and build the homesite for our Log Home and Barn project and to maintain all the trails. The wife (will) use the Jinma for her gardens and fruit groves, spraying etc. Lately, we use both tractor for moving dirt and brush clearing. We have 2 fairly good sized meadows that we mow and use for food plots. The rest is large Oaks forest.
We use our tractors a lot!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #22  
I have a 160 A. farm that has been in the family since my grandfather purchased it in the 1920's. It is 100 A. of cropland and 60 A. of pasture and farmstead. It is rented out but I take care of building fence, cutting thistles, cutting volunteer cedar trees, and removing downed trees at farmstead. I purchased a 2007 JD, 3320 w/300 CX FEL this spring. It is a replacement for my older IH 504 utility tractor. (which I still have) I have a 66" box blade, homemade forks, Speedco PHD, Femco sprayer, KK 72" finish mower, 60" three point disk, 54" three point cultivator. (disk and cultivator modified from older implements from the 50's) Also have a 20 ft. H & H tilt bed trailer as farm is 55 miles from where I reside.
I am enjoying this site very much and have spent considerable time reading and learning from the various posts. :)

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #23  
Retired a few years ago and moved to this old 300 acre dairy farm that's been in the family for over 100 years here in Central PA. I've been very busy restoring several fields comprising about 70 acres that haven't been farmed since the 1960's. The remaining acreage is hardwoods and pines. I have two "workhorse" tractors that do most of the bush-hogging, deer plots, haying, and logging -- Kubota M8200 w/cab (82 hp) and John Deere 4320 open station, both with FEL's. I also have a JD 3720 w/cab used primarily for mowing approx 6 acres of lawn in summer and blowing snow off 3000 ft driveway in winter. I don't have to look too hard for things to do. Just wish I had the get up and go like when I was younger.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #25  
22 acres in WV (future home) and 21 acres in VA (for sale). In WV, I have about 10 acres to finish mow with my Kubota 7040 Cab and Woods RM990 and I also maintain about 4 food plots that total about 4 acres.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #26  
Spudland_Dave said:
F935 w/72" Deck to cut the grass and a 3520 Cab/300cx to play in the dirt...Lot is 2.1 Acres...75% of the lot is currently "Forest" but the 3520 is changing that...
Yes my dues to the "Overkill club" are paid in full...I'm from a farming family and have used tractors from 20 to 200 hp since I was old enough to walk...she's from a farm family as well so we both see the NEED for tractors. Since we built the house in 06 we've been saying "If we had a tractor we could do this or that", etc..
2.25 Acres, 1.2 to mow, 3520 is gonna expand the area about 1/2 acre. Recently acquired, 2004 GX255 cuts the over 15 degree slopes now, and is the official mowing/towing excursion to the Mailbox back-up, it has significantly reduced the "Fear Factor" on the slopes for me in the 3520 - Turf Specials also help significantly. Yes I am a member of the "Overkill club" too. "Go big, get it done fast as you want and be able to assist neighbors at will":rolleyes:

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #27  
I have 5 acres of finished land to mow and keep up. Don't want any more.:D

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #28  
This is really cool hearing about all that you folks do and have on your land. I'm new to this site and have been enjoying the reading and all the help. As for me, I have 80 acres which contains about 30 acres swamp, 40 acres woods, and 10 acres pasture/farm field. I just stepped up from a JD4100 to a JD2520, 62D MMM, 3 pt broadcast spreader, 3 pt sprayer, 3 pt back blade, 60" tiller, 48" bush hog, 5' x 8' drag harrow, 3 pt. PHD, 2 ton hydraulic dump trailer. I also own a 5 x 12 utility trailer to haul the tractor, 30 ton log splitter, and a 40hp skid steer with 60" bucket and forks, and a JD350 dozer. Over the past ten years I have used my tractor and other equipment to build our house, landscape a 2 acre yard, fill a low area and build a barn, dig 2 ponds of about 2/3 acre and 1/2 acre, grade and plow a 1500 foot driveway, plant and maintain 5 food plots totalling about 2 acres, Plant and maintain 3 acres of pasture, plant and maintain 5000 nursery trees, build fences, conduct aquaculture in one pond, mow 2 acres of grass, cut/haul and stack 4 chords of firewood each year, and last but not least, mow, plow, grade, and help out 4 different neighbors. My equipment runs at least 3 out of 5 weekday evenings and on weekends when I'm not in church I'm running a machine and getting chores done. Until you make a list you don't even realize what you use your machines for.

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #29  
I live on five acres in an oak forest. I call it Rock Ranch!

/ How many acres do you own/operate on? #30  
I have around 4 acres I own, but maintain approx 25 acres for one neighbor and now have approx 90 acres for another one. All total around 25 to 35 acres of stuff that can be mowed or tilled. I own a JD GX345 with 54" mower for mowing the lawns. Had a ford 8n that did all te heavy work including bush hogging, plowing & disking, hauling wood, and moving snow in the winter. Finally upgraded to a Montana 4340C with loader bunch of attachments. Will never go back to a tractor without a cab.