How Many Have More Than One Tractor?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #111  
I have three tractors. A 40 horsepower LS, a Ford 8n, and a Ford 9n. It is nice to have a few if you have properties that are a couple hours apart. I leave the 8n at the hunting property for food plots, then keep my other tractors at the house for moving hay bales or mowing. I could just have one tractor, but I would be hauling it around at least twice a month.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor?
This type of thread often opens up the 'definition' of tractor. I suppose others have their own definitions, but mine is something like this:

Must have at least one seat and steering wheel/yoke for driver.
Must have an operable 3 pt hitch
Must have 4 wheels (or equivalent tracks)
Must have a rear PTO
Must have its own power plant
Must NOT have a (semi) permanent belly mower
Must not have a (semi) permanent loader
Must not have a (semi) permanent backhoe

This means, for me, most lawn mowers are not tractors, despite the marketing terminology. A few are.

Some of the construction style backhoe/loader vehicles are not really tractors either (though some are).

Those two wheel mules are not tractors to me, either.

I have two brothers... Both have a small tractor. One has a 25hp JD and the other has a 25hp Kubota.

As a joke, I remind them a couple times a year that my lawn mower has more horsepower than their "tractors"... :LOL:

One brother in particular is probably too scared to run anything bigger. (Probably a good thing in his case)

I also joke with him when I have to take my bigger stuff to do big stuff jobs at his ranch... I'll go to unload from my trailer, and lower the ramps and line them up, and then tell him to "get up there and back that tractor and batwing shredder off the trailer..." You can watch his face when he even thinks about that, and see the fear! :ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't let him anyway, even if he wanted to.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #113  
I'm not a farmer, just a homeowner with a few acres to mow. When we moved here we got a screaming ($500) deal on a "broken" MF20D that was not broken, used as a fairway mower. It's been a great machine except lacking a loader was severely limited for our needs. Recently got a new Kioti with a loader and told the wife I'd sell the Massey as part of my justification for buying the new machine. Turns out as so many of you know that having more than one is way handy! I've got a chipper mounted up and it does just fine as a power unit since we got rid of the 12' wide reel mower it came with (not appropriate for our yard). Yes I'd like a third machine, probably like a mini excavator but in reality I'll just rent by the project as-needed.
I'm in the same boat. I probably have more tractor than I need. The L4200 is 45hp supposedly but I'm not doing agriculture, just some landscaping and tumbleweed removal. I can do most of that with the skid steer, but that thing kills my knees climbing in and out to make very little adjustment. The Kubota is ideal for my purposes and after I get some wheel weights on it I'll feel more comfortable running it. It also doesn't use any software except what's between my ears, although that's got a lot of bugs. Right now I use the forks more than the buckets. I'm looking through hydraulic catalogs to find the valves I want for adding third function and rear remotes. Then i have to see if any of them are still available. I was never a fan of the single stick control on the Kubotas or any other tractor. Most of my mechanic experience with tractors is with Kubotas and New Holland and mostly construction and landscapers. Those guys can ruin a brand new anvil with a rubber hammer.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #114  
subUrban transplant talking: I own an LS XG3140 and a Ventrac mower, neither of which I would sell because I still think my purchase decisions were good.
I wish that Ventrac attachments didn't cost so much, just as I wish Toro hadn't chased John Deere out of servicing Ventrac, but big corps. do what they do.
Two tractors are never enough {'he who dies with the most toys wins!'} because I see efficiency in not having to change attachments/implements regularly, and because many of the tasks I perform with one of my machines, I would never attempt with the other.
I'll affirm in this Week of American Gratitude the blessings I receive regularly from the responsibility & freedoms I receive from my citizenship.
Apologies, TBN, for the long rant, and thanks to all who post: I benefit regularly.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #115  
From what I see, the majority of tractor owners here and everywhere else have only one tractor.

I mean more than one that runs, you maintain, and use regularly... (Don't count the old broke down one behind the barn with 2 flats. :LOL: )

Surprisingly, after replacing my 2 previous tractors with newer, more improved ones, I find I have have about the same hours on both new ones.

I'd hate to have to choose between them, if I had to pick only one. I really have a use for both.

How many of you are multiple machine owners? Could you get by with just one? Which one would you pick if you had to?
My two tractors were used heavily for years but not as much now. I finally got a shed for them and that paid off handsomely. The tractors are set up for different jobs which saves considerable time, that is my biggest payoff.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #116  
Well I also have a few tractors!😂 I have just under an acre but I have a MF14, a MF 50, a Ford 1720, a Kubota BX2370 and a Kubota M9960. You guys think I have enough horsepower for my acreage?

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #118  
Have my LSmt225s and a kabota bx with snow blower. I'm thinking about getting rid of the bx to get a 3 point snow blower for the LS.

/ How Many Have More Than One Tractor? #120  
Out of three, the L3800 gets used the most often, because it's quick and nimble. But, there's a lot it simply can't do that the M6040 handles with ease.

If one of those had to go, it'd be the L3800. Yes, many smaller jobs would take a little longer with the M6040, especially in tight quarters, but that's a worthwhile trade off for its capabilities, I think.

Then there's the odd one. A BX25D my girlfriend bought "because it's so cute". It gets used maybe three times per year, generally not because there's some minor task it'd be good for, but because I feel bad about it just sitting.

And before the hate posts appear, I know that many are quite happy with their BX25Ds, 1025Rs and such, I just don't understand their place in the tractor world...and that's using the term "tractor" loosely.