How many hours can i expect?

/ How many hours can i expect? #1  

maximus1277

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 KUBOTA B2320, 2010 KIOTI CK27, Kubota L3940,JD110 TLB
I'm sure this question came up before, but I need to ask: What's a reasonable number of hours can I get out of my ck 27 HST? Mine just turned 400, and I work it rather hard. If I had a choice, I should have purchased something a bit more powerful.... Size and weight are perfect, but it would be nice to have a few extra ponies. Also, what should I expect in terms of potential breakdowns? Any common issues with this model?

/ How many hours can i expect? #2  
It often comes down to maintenance and how the machine is used and cared for.
I have seen some compact tractors with thousands of hours that are in excellent condition and should last thousands more.
I have also seen many with low hours that are a total junk heap.
I have around 1900 hours on my DK 35. If it needs something repaired it gets it. I try to keep it running and looking good and I'm expecting to get thousands more hours from it

/ How many hours can i expect? #3  
Looks like you are putting on about a hundred hours a year . . . the tractor may outlast you :c)

Don't know about Kioti vs Kubota - from your avatar and description, you might have a better handle on that than me. Both should be reliable and both, depending on models, can have their foibles. Do a search on make, model and include the word "problems" or similar. That should net you some threads discussing the various problems like tractor owners have experienced.

My take is that Kioti, hp for hp, is heavier than Kubota and feature for feature, is arguably a better value as long as long term reliability is not factored in. With reliability considered, Kioti may still be the better value. As to that I have no experience as I've only owned Kubota, but my experience with them has been good. In order of "Made in XXXX" reliability order, I'd say it's Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, China, and India. Just like in the USA, there's overlap, good and not so much, so my guesstimate ratings are far from hard 'n fast.

bumper

bumper

/ How many hours can i expect? #4  
The answer you tell your wife is: "yep, everybody at TBN says you should trade at 400 hours"

/ How many hours can i expect? #5  
In order of "Made in XXXX" reliability order, I'd say it's Japan, Taiwan, S. Korea, China, and India. Just like in the USA, there's overlap, good and not so much, so my guesstimate ratings are far from hard 'n fast.

bumper
All I know is my Kioti DK has been excellent. Nearly problem free for the past 13 years.
My previous tractor was a John Deere 850. (made in Japan by Yanmar).
It was a good, reliable tractor. I had it for around 15 years, and sold it with 1800 hours.
I have had my South Korean made Kioti DK for 13 years and 1900 hours.
So far I would rate the reliability and build quality of my Kioti every bit as good as my John Deere was.

/ How many hours can i expect? #6  
One of the first things learned from John Deere Power Shift and International Harvester Hydro's in the 60's was do not lug them. Heat will destroy.

/ How many hours can i expect?
The answer you tell your wife is: "yep, everybody at TBN says you should trade at 400 hours"

I love it! I will start to drop hints ... Maybe she'll believe me.

/ How many hours can i expect? #8  
from every thing that i have read 4000 hours is a good rule of thumb. more is not uncommon.

/ How many hours can i expect? #9  
:D +1,000

/ How many hours can i expect? #10  
Heck, I wouldn't think of getting a new tractor when mine had only 400 hours, UNLESS, I was looking to get a second tractor with more (or less) HP. Now that would be a good reason to buy another tractor. IF your present tractor is too small OR too large to suit your needs, then adding in a second tractor of the size needed is the right thing to do. Not too many tractors will do everything one needs done. This is why I have two- one is too large to get in small spaces but the smaller one lacks the weight and power for heavy duty jobs. Most of my work is with the small B26, but when I want to move a lot of weight or cubic volume, I break out the P7010C.