How many hours on your Mahindra?

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #61  
We sold a farmer about 17-18 Mahindras over a period of about 5 years. Many are in the 3-4000 hour range now. These were mostly 7520/8560 which we now call the mPower, and a few 6000 models, which are now the 55 series. All were pre Tier IV. They are in the shop occasionally for this and that, but overall have done pretty well. We have a 4025 that we sold a farmer that has nearly 6000 hours on it and it's needed about nothing other than normal service. But keep in mind that these bigger farms will have mechanics on duty and they service the tractors regularly and fix minor things themselves, so ther has probably been some issues that we are not aware of. A farmer won't tow a tractor to our shop because of a bad battery cable or a leaky hose, so there well could have been some things along the way that we weren't aware of. But overall, that is a pretty decent record. It will be interesting to see these tractors when they start approaching 7-8k hours.
0620161947.jpg
Dave, thanks for this post. Very interesting to me as I am now 12 months into my mPower 75P Tier IV with 125 hours on. I had the scavenger pump sensor issue at about 5 hours, replaced the sensor and good to go with that, and then 4 bolts were loose and 2 fell out on a front tire rim while discing last spring. Oh and the trying to get the hydraulic filter off at the 50 hr service WAS a b#$ch! Other than that love my mPower.0620161947b.jpge

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #62  
Just turned 52 hrs. Been moving alot of snow lately, dirt and rocks this summer. No issues and very happy with my Max 26XL.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #63  
View attachment 491847
Dave, thanks for this post. Very interesting to me as I am now 12 months into my mPower 75P Tier IV with 125 hours on. I had the scavenger pump sensor issue at about 5 hours, replaced the sensor and good to go with that, and then 4 bolts were loose and 2 fell out on a front tire rim while discing last spring. Oh and the trying to get the hydraulic filter off at the 50 hr service WAS a b#$ch! Other than that love my mPower.View attachment 491846e

My only gripe on the scavenging pump sensor issue is that it has been going on for 10 years. I guess it is a minor deal dollar wise for them to pay as they occasionally fail, but they really ought to install a high quality sensor. Even minor issues can cause a customer to wonder about quality and it diminishes the experience. On the lug bolts and rim bolts, it sure pays to retorque them after about 10 hours of usage. But I will say, these are pretty nice tractors. Heavy, good turning radius, strong loaders, etc.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #64  
Not sure if a new noise I've noticed is the same scavenging pump issue. But at 19.6 hrs on my Max 26 it's making a weird noise in the hydraulic system when you first start it up. It makes it as soon as I raise the 3 point with the bushhog attached. As it gets to the top of the stroke it's more pronounced. If you let it down and raise it a couple times it stops. Dealer says it is normal don't worry about it. It didn't do it when it was new. Heck I thought 19 hrs was new. Is this the same scavenging pump symptom?

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #65  
Not sure if a new noise I've noticed is the same scavenging pump issue. But at 19.6 hrs on my Max 26 it's making a weird noise in the hydraulic system when you first start it up. It makes it as soon as I raise the 3 point with the bushhog attached. As it gets to the top of the stroke it's more pronounced. If you let it down and raise it a couple times it stops. Dealer says it is normal don't worry about it. It didn't do it when it was new. Heck I thought 19 hrs was new. Is this the same scavenging pump symptom?

The Max 26 has no scavenging pump, it is not needed. And on the big tractors with the scavenging pump, the pumps hardly ever fail, it is just a bad sensor - almost always. So no noise, just a light on the dash and a beeping sound. (But don't ignore it...it could always be a failed pump or you ran low on oil, so treat it as serious just in case.)

It's not unusual for the hydraulic system to make a little different sound when first starting, especially in the winter when temps drop down a little. Although I see you are in Florida, but you still probably get some 40 degree nights. Probably what you are hearing is normal.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #66  
Oil level is good fluids etc. But you are right it did become noticeable when it turned colder. Thanks for your quick response. I was thinking about taking it in for the 50 hr. @ 19 I will wait until 50 now. Thanks, Merry Christmas

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #67  
I wouldn't know. The hour meter broke at 295 and I refused to pay $650 for a new one.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #68  
I've got a 2016 Mahindra 2538 with just shy of 500 hours on it (460 I think). Used it for lots of heavy loader work, when I built the house and barn last year. And now, for the past few months, lots of PTO work.

Only thing that has failed is a seal on one of the curl hydraulic cylinders on the bucket. Cost $125 to fix.

All is well again.

I change oil every hundred hours, clean the air filter every use or 2, and am getting ready to change hydraulic fluid in back, and front axle.

FWIW, my neighbor has a 34 hp Kubota, and it seems he has issues with it every month or so. But then again, I don't think he knows how to check his oil, much less due regular service on it :D

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #69  
Thank you for resurecting this thread! I'm new to Mahindra (but not new to tractors) and recently got my 2655 HST Cab so it only has 8 hours on it. It's great to see so many posts from people who are happy with their machines. It gets discouraging when a few people post about their problems and how you should have bought this brand or that brand (then you look at their member info and they don't list Mahindra, they list an orange or green brand). The reality is most people will post when they have a problem....they don't post to say "this tractor is awesome" very often. It's nice to see all the feedback from y'all.

/ How many hours on your Mahindra? #70  
My 2565 just turned 51 hrs last weekend. Bought it late August last year. It is time for the 50 hr maintenance now.

The only thing I have done other than regular maintenance is it started sounding a little sluggish when starting it a couple months ago. I changed the cheap battery clamps for some good ones, charged the battery good and have had no problems since.