how many hours should be on a brand new tractor?

/ how many hours should be on a brand new tractor? #21  
Amen Big Pete, if Buckie2 wants a virgin tractor it's his money no one should give him a hard time about it. If he just wants a new tractor then he should get the one with 10hrs but because of the scratch maybe get the first 50hr service free. Other than that if tractor is used as a tractor the one scratch won't be lonely for long /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I had to wait a whole month for mine,,,,,sure wish that I could have got one with 10hrs right then, by the time I got mine winter was biting me on the heals one more month of nice weather would have had me smiling even more than I do now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Larry

/ how many hours should be on a brand new tractor? #22  
10 hours is what I would 'equate' to about 500 miles on a car. I would have no qualms about buying the tractor, but I would want some consideration for the 10 hours on the hobbs meter.

/ how many hours should be on a brand new tractor? #23  
I would say it's closer to 300 miles or less. I have an hour meter in my truck and it's 100% highway use and even then I average about 30 miles/hour. We forget all the time our vehicles are sitting running.

/ how many hours should be on a brand new tractor? #24  
Yeah, but I'm sure most of it was idle time..... it usually is.