How many minutes on this oil?

/ How many minutes on this oil? #1  

MrChris

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3215HST
Just thought I'd share. After warming up the tractor and then changing the oil, I ran it for about 5 minutes and then came back in about 30 minutes to check the oil level. It was showing a tad high on the stick, maybe a 1/4 of an inch over the full hole. Not a lot. Of course being new oil it wasn't as easy to read so I thought I'd check again in the morning. After checking the next morning the level was showing the same. I could have left it be but I thought I'd just drain about a pint into a glass jar. That's the jar on the right!:(

Attachments

• oil check1.JPG
    oil check1.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 263
  • oil check2.JPG
    oil check2.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 211
   / How many minutes on this oil? #2  
Looks like it has solubilized the soot quite well.

/ How many minutes on this oil? #3  
That don't seem right,mine takes many hours to get that dark at dipstick,,[course you got yours from bottom],,what kinda oil,did you drain it real good,and change filter?

/ How many minutes on this oil? #4  
Very serious problem. You need to not drive your tractor any more and sell it immediately. Go buy a brand new one with every attachment you need. Wrap it all into 0% financing and make sure to get the insurance to cover it all.
:D:D

/ How many minutes on this oil? #5  
Its a deisel, some are dirtier than others but i would say that i would not worry, mine did not get that dirty even after 10 hours of near idle and light work at higher rpms but i may not have the hours you do etc? Deisel will get dirty fast

/ How many minutes on this oil?
That don't seem right,mine takes many hours to get that dark at dipstick,,[course you got yours from bottom],,what kinda oil,did you drain it real good,and change filter?

Motorcraft 15w40. Yes and yes.

Looks like it has solubilized the soot quite well.

That's what I was thinking. Man this oil cleans up my engine quick.;)

/ How many minutes on this oil? #8  
If it had been an older 2 stroke Detroit diesel, it would have been jet black in 2 minutes of running. The oil in the crank passageways, and in a few other small spots that do not drain out will easily discolor new oil.

That's why I posted the second pic. The oil on the dipstick does not look that dark. I know when I change the oil annually, that dipstick oil is black.

/ How many minutes on this oil? #10  
Well,good thing we ain't got dipsticks on bottom cause we would all change oil twice each time,wouldn't we..