How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals?

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #31  
I don't bake bread or cakes but can cook about anything. I cook about 1/3 to 1/2 the time. My cooking started with being responsible for cooking the fish and game I bring home. Of course any cooking that involves fire is my job-camp cooking, grilling, smoking or fixing pork BBQ. Now it isn't unusual for me to fix a meal in the kitchen. If I want a certain food, the wife says, "Ok" but that usually means "Ok I'll eat it if you fix it." Buffalo wings, ribs, venison, fish, steaks, fried turkey, beer chicken, pot roast, spaghetti, potato soup, chowder, cube steak, crockpot chicken - our veggies come from our garden so beans, corn, broccoli, cabbage, tomatoes, potatoes and more comes from a canning jar or from the freezer.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #32  
The original kitchen of my 1950's kit house was barely a two-butt....when I built on to that house I designed a new kitchen 14 feet by 14 feet.

You have lots of room in there now! Nice.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #33  
The original kitchen of my 1950's kit house was barely a two-butt....when I built on to that house I designed a new kitchen 14 feet by 14 feet

You have lots of room in there now! Nice.

You haven't seen the butts. Hard to say if that's enough room. :laughing:

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #34  
The original kitchen of my 1950's kit house was barely a two-butt....when I built on to that house I designed a new kitchen 14 feet by 14 feet

You haven't seen the butts. Hard to say if that's enough room. :laughing:

Good one! And if two don't fit in that kitchen, I don't want to see them. What has been seen cannot be unseen.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #35  
cooking yes. planning no.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #36  
I do most of the cooking but I am so busy now, and I don't need the calories from a big meal, so I don't cook/eat much for dinner. The wifey has learned to cook a few things over the years but I am the one that cooks the most. If I was retired, I would cook more.

Years ago I saw some cooking shows and read some articles about no kneed bread. I found a few recipes, made a few batches and off I went. Some times I use the dutch oven some times I use the cast iron bread pans. Usually this time of year, I make two gallon batches of bean soups. One gallon gets canned and the other we eat off of for a week or so. To go with the beans I make bread. It is amazing to me how FILLING whole wheat bread is compared to white fluffy empty store bought bread. A couple slices of home made wheat bread and soup is really filling. Unfortunately, I have been to busy to make either bread or soup. :(

Our kitchen is right sized. Right sized for just me to be in it. :laughing: I REALLY do not like other people in the kitchen when cooking since they just get in my way and are a safety hazard. I have cooked quite a few big holiday meals and people will ask if I need help and the answer is no. Get out of the kitchen. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #37  
I REALLY do not like other people in the kitchen when cooking since they just get in my way and are a safety hazard.

I am the same unless they pull up a stool and visit, that I like. I find it hard to cook with someone standing in the way. I also often don't cook with recipes, I just do it my way and everyone is wanting to help measure some ingredients from a recipe. I also have a extensive set of nearly a hundred year old Griswold cast iron cookware that if I don't watch close enough someone still stick in the dishwasher. There are certain things like baking that I don't do but do appreciate.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals?
TomSeller: In your opinion, which is more of a science? Cooking or baking?

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #39  
TomSeller: In your opinion, which is more of a science? Cooking or baking?

Good question. I would say baking? That whole bit about yeast rising is like a chemistry experiment to me. I don't have a sense for what goes into baked goods to make them taste good. With cooking, I can tell myself it will taste better with dill seed or whatever.

/ How many of you guys here really, really enjoy cooking and planning meals? #40