How many per acre is reasonable?

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #21  
Medical science has shown that those who average 1-2 drinks a day are healthier and live longer than those who abstain. When I was younger, I usually went a little over that, and would often take in at least 7 on Friday night and 10 or more on Saturday. I always found that I could operate some equipment, especially a chain saw or pool cue, most effectively when I had 3-4 beers in me. These days, I try to average a drink a day, but dont always make it that high, so in the end my average should come out about right. I never had a drink while operating a tractor or automobile, but will sometimes tip a few while trolling in my motorboat or bobber-fishing. I never go for any booze when casting for bass however, as the first thing one looses from alcohol is the ability to "detect a strike".

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #22  
He's drinkin Busch Light, and has a tolerance, probably doesn't feel it till the 9th or 10th one. I used to drink that much Yuengling and the only trouble I caused was on TBN, my wife remembers it differently tho... :p

Can't get in too much trouble on TBN. But, when I was younger & before the kids came I'd get on e-bay after having a few (quite a few). Several times I "won" things. My wife correctly explained that a person doesn't win anything on e-bay. Instead they pay more than anyone else in the world for that item. That being said, alcohol and ANY kind of power equipment scares me.

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #23  
The liver is evil and must be punished:D

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #24  
I almost never drink beer while operating the tractor. It just gets hot and foamy from being bounced around. Also, gets bugs and "chaff" in it if I'm mowing. Doesn't even taste good.

HOWEVER, when I'm done mowing (or whatever the tractor project du jour happens to be..) I like to crank on the shop stereo, head over to the shop fridge, grab an ice cold PBR and sit down in the shade in my rockin' chair and admire the lines of the ol' 2520. Might even go for a second one if the first one goes down smooth...

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #25  
The liver is evil and must be punished:D

Some would say brain cells deserve the same fate - others would say that by killing off the slowest and weakest members of the neural herd we end up smarter. Beer for thought . . . :thumbsup:

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #27  
Tell your neighbor to get more acreage. Seems that once you get above 20 acres you don't have time to drink anything. In fact, I quit crossing things off the to-do list because it's like a weed, as soon as you remove something from the to-do list two things replace it.

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #28  
If he hasn't been featured on the TV show "Worlds Dumbest" he should be ok.

/ How many per acre is reasonable? #30  
"He's drinkin Busch Light, and has a tolerance, probably doesn't feel it till the 9th or 10th one...."

Now, I'm no teetotaler, but I'm not into drinking while the driving/tractoring/shooting/working gets done. Plenty of time for that afterward and before bedtime.

That said, a rancher neighbor of ours back home was one of those guys who'd I'd consider a "functional alcoholic." He had a very successful family biz that he worked hard at and ran the ranch at the same time. But I can nary remember a time that I've worked with or seen him in my entire life that he didn't have an MGD in his hand. Morning, noon, night.....didn't matter, he was drinking a beer. And, he would always insist you have some with him and he would rarely take "no" as an answer. Oh, the 100F degree days I was helping him haul hay and he was trying to shove a beer in my hand when all I wanted was water and minute to catch my wind.

That fella is now in his 80s, running his ranch, still active in his business...........and still running around with a beer in his hand like a baby with a bottle. Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't....?