How many still have a Landline in their home?

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Mom and her neighbors have had the same landlines and phone numbers for 50-60+ years.

I still have my landline with DSL which was the only internet working when power was off for days at a time due to the California Wild Fires...

It was interesting looking at area WiFi and one by one they disappeared and then most of the cell towers went down too.

Good old Pacific Telephone now ATT didn't miss a beat...

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #2  
We got rid of our landline two years ago. In my area landlines were usually bundled with cable tv or internet, plus cable companies are joining cell phone companies for package deals. Now I don’t think you could even get one around here anymore.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #3  
Got rid of mine 10 years ago....DONT MISS IT ONE BIT

you would have thought the fires would have roasted the phone lines also

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #4  
I love having my landline - mostly for my home office where I do taxes and bookkeeping. Works for my purposes, and there is an answering machine built in also. I hardly ever use my cell phone (a flip phone on PAYG) as I'm mostly at my desk anyway. :)

Last edited:
   / How many still have a Landline in their home? #5  
Nope... hung on to it for the fax for business reasons but killed that a few years ago when it seemed I was the last to fax. I see no reason anymore. The cell phone has become such a versatile tool in a portable go anywhere package. If you have a cell phone it is a no brainer assuming you have reception at home.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #6  
I got rid of my landline phone last year. I still have DSL(only ISP available) without all of the taxes and fees included with the phone. Fortunately I am able to use wifi calling with my cell phones since my cell service barely makes it to my home.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #7  
I still have a landline phone, The wife wants to cancel it but I wont let her.....

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #8  
Still have my landline and, living rural, it comes in handy as mobile coverage can be spotty. Even with my mobile, I have to go to a certain area of my house or go outside to get decent coverage. An answering machine (do they still call it that? :laughing:) screens all of the calls that do come over that 'number'.

I don't run WiFi so my only computer access is via ADSL... which has always been perfect for my needs. Downloads are a snap.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #9  
still have a landline, complete with answering system ... also have a cell phone, but seldom use it as a phone ...
the landline costs 33 bucks a month, canadian, maybe 25? us

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #10  
Had to get rid of ours a year and a half ago. It had been out for over a month and ATT said they new the issue but were not putting any new parts in their sub stations as they wanted to phase out conventional land lines as cost reduction. A learning curve for us but now we have gotten use to cel phone only