How many "TnT" owners

/ How many "TnT" owners #11  
I have both and can't imagine being without either one. I just tilled up my garden spot with my KKII tiller. Adjusting the toplink and tilt of the tiller on the fly is the cat's meow.

I use my hydraulic toplink and tilt everytime I hook up or disconnect from implements. I can stand behind my tractor and reach over the fender to get to the levers. I never struggle with attaching implements. The hardest part is getting on and off the tractor.

/ How many "TnT" owners #12  
My TnT allows me to look like I know what I am doing when I'm grading. Or at least in my mind it does. :) I'm sure it has paid for it's self in time, material and fuel savings. My little 16 hp B7100 can work a lot harder because I can tune how aggressive I want to be when I engage the ground.

I even got another compliment today on my lane way. It was a war zone when we bought the place. Now it's quite respectable.

/ How many "TnT" owners #13  
I have both on my L5030 Kubota and use both the top and the side cylinders constantly. Watching Rob's little video reminds me of "B" grade Western's where the bad buy makes someone "dance".

/ How many "TnT" owners #14  
JD 3320 with a 72" box blade and top n tilt (by Gearmore). This hasn't improved the quality of the work I can do, but it now takes 1/10 the time. I also use the top n tilt with a landscape rake, and sometimes the tilt with my post hole digger and logging winch.

Steve

/ How many "TnT" owners #15  
I will be adding T & T in the Spring...I am currently accumulating the parts...

On some setups I see the hydraulic cylinder on the right sides (normally where the manually adjustable link is)...leaving the non-adjustable link on the left side...

...In other cases I have seen the cylinder on the left leaving the adjustable link on the right... in others I have seen the cylinder on the right with the manually adjustable link moved to the left side...

Is this just personal preference? Is there any advantage to leaving a manually adjustable link on the opposite side from the hyd. ?

/ How many "TnT" owners #16  
Adjusting the toplink and tilt of the tiller on the fly is the cat's meow.

I use my hydraulic toplink and tilt everytime I hook up or disconnect from implements. I can stand behind my tractor and reach over the fender to get to the levers. I never struggle with attaching implements. The hardest part is getting on and off the tractor.
lol Jim, this is the truth!
I forgot how easy it is to hook up implements since you can move either lower drag link to where it needs to be...even if the implement isn't on level ground.
BTW, maintaining your road and cutting gutters on the right and left is a snap with TNT.

/ How many "TnT" owners #17  
I will be adding T & T in the Spring...I am currently accumulating the parts...

On some setups I see the hydraulic cylinder on the right sides (normally where the manually adjustable link is)...leaving the non-adjustable link on the left side...

...In other cases I have seen the cylinder on the left leaving the adjustable link on the right... in others I have seen the cylinder on the right with the manually adjustable link moved to the left side...

Is this just personal preference? Is there any advantage to leaving a manually adjustable link on the opposite side from the hyd. ?

The advantage of keeping the adjustable link is it allows you to use tilt in either direction,, that is wind it up short and extend the other side hydraulically for full tilt to the right, wind it to the middle position and tilt equally left and right, or unwind it fully and retract the right cylinder to tilt to the left.

Mostly personal preference, but I find it easier to look over my right shoulder to work a rear implement. So with the tilt cylinder on the right side works for me. The best way to go and what I am fixing to do is have tilt cylinders on both side where they oppose each other. That way you get the full range of tilt in either direction. As simple as adding another tilt cylinder and a couple of hoses.

/ How many "TnT" owners
Pine, I think that usually the manually adjusted side link is kept on so that the 3pt can be adjusted so that the hydraulic side link is at 1/2 of its stroke when a rear blade (any blade) is mounted. That way you always have an equal amount of tilt available left or right. It is difficult to have a hydraulic tilt that would just fit on and be exactly at the half way point. You usually have to do some adjustment of the manually adjusted side link to end up this way. This manual adjustment should normally be 1/2" or less.

/ How many "TnT" owners
I would like to know if those of you that have your side links set up so that you only get tilt in one direction,(or if you have 2 like 3RRL) are you able to use the full stroke of the hydraulic? In 3RRLs' picture, it looks to me like he has a whole lot of tilt on his blade and he barely has used 1/2 of his stroke. Does stuff bind up if you use the full stroke? :eek: :confused:

/ How many "TnT" owners #20  
...allows you to use tilt in either direction...

OK I knew there would be a little bit of adjustment benefit but I was thinking that if you raise one side (power up) the opposite side would be going down the same amount as the other side raised...?

With the power side fully extended or retracted you are saying I could still adjust the ower side to the full spectrum of the (manually) adjustable side link?

For some reason I figured that if the advantage was that significant most tractors would come with adjustable links on both sides rather than one...
-------------------------
Questions about cylinders...

My tractor is going to require a custom side link due to an angled upper clevis ...since I have the old top and bottom clevises (from a broken adjustable sdie link) wont it be cheaper to buy a genaric cylinder and weld the clevises to it than to pay for a custon cylinder? is this a common practice?

on the same token the same angled clevises may prevent me from switching the manual link to the left side (replacing the solid rod)..I don't recall if the bottom clevis is angled or not allowing me to reverse it...( wish I would have taken more pictures before I left the tractor for the Winter)