Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use?

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #1  

Chris1491

Tractor
Skid Steer
I am thinking to start a snow removal business this spring. Got two diesel compact tractors with 36hp and 46hp. Just wanted to know where I can find the perfect option for small clean up jobs.Thanks in Advance :)

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #2  
Small jobs, well something that is legal width to go down the road. That is why I stick to 8'. If you are doing residential then get one with the option of backdrag when tipped forward. Be prepared to be married to a low paying job! The last 10 years or so I did it was commercial with maybe 6 or so of my good residential customers. Now I just move banks back and open roads up when the plows can't and make more money with way less time. CJ

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #3  
IMO, snow contracting is about the most cut thought occupation there is.

Then clients are never satisfied, if you sand there is never enough sand.
Some expect the snow to be gone B4 it falls!
Everyone wants to be first.
They leave the car in the drive during an event but expect you to come back after they move the car.
Once you have finished that drive the city comes by and re fills the entry.
Now that you have plowed all winter you have to chase after that last payment.
More and more cities will fine if you put any snow on the street so blowing is the solution and to be fast and efficient you wand a pull blower (ie, back up to the garage door, drop and drive out as you blow, like 2-3 mins per drive) then also you need to be where drives are close to each other, like suburbs.
Then there are the clients that will switch to save $5-10.00 !
Then the client that complains that you scratched the pavement, killed the flowers or ate the kids toys that they left out (under 10" of snow)
And pray no one ordered a cord of firewood B4 the next storm, or the phone books were not tossed in the drive and under the snow.

And don't forget you need to plow B4 they go to work! and B4 they come home.

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #4  
IMO, snow contracting is about the most cut thought occupation there is.

Then clients are never satisfied, if you sand there is never enough sand.
Some expect the snow to be gone B4 it falls!
Everyone wants to be first.
They leave the car in the drive during an event but expect you to come back after they move the car.
Once you have finished that drive the city comes by and re fills the entry.
Now that you have plowed all winter you have to chase after that last payment.
More and more cities will fine if you put any snow on the street so blowing is the solution and to be fast and efficient you wand a pull blower (ie, back up to the garage door, drop and drive out as you blow, like 2-3 mins per drive) then also you need to be where drives are close to each other, like suburbs.
Then there are the clients that will switch to save $5-10.00 !
Then the client that complains that you scratched the pavement, killed the flowers or ate the kids toys that they left out (under 10" of snow)
And pray no one ordered a cord of firewood B4 the next storm, or the phone books were not tossed in the drive and under the snow.

And don't forget you need to plow B4 they go to work! and B4 they come home.

Boy! no truer words have been spoken!! That's why I switched to commercial. Most had no problem paying and didn't expect it for free. The personal ones I kept, payed in advance and were always happy. The last one I let go called to complain after we had a 3' [foot not inch] snow fall. He was plowed out at 5am so he could go to work. I had nowhere to push it in his city driveway, so I backdragged it out and put it across his sidewalk. The sidewalk was clean after I was done. He was just being a a__. So I told him no charge and then he was happy. We got another foot or so a day later and he was calling wondering where I was at. I told him very politely to figure it out. He shoveled the rest of the year. Funny thing is he could get nobody else to plow for him because of the 5 businesses that did it the owners are all friends. We let each other know real quick about dead beats. I could go on and on with stories!! CJ

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #5  
LOL. Had a client that still had not paid up for the winter plowing.
By 'word of mouth' (school bus teens) I learned he was leaving the next Saturday so I popped by to get the snow settled.
\He rudely blew me off saying he was not gone yet.
As it happened we had a 30" event that Friday.
\When I drove by he was actively his way out of his drive so I slowed down , tooted my horn and gave him a very friendly wave.
Never saw that a --h-le again.
That is all part of snow contracting for private clients,

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #6  
Get a truck with a plow , turn on the radio , turn up the heat and do only commercial properties . I have been plowing 30 years , commercial . i use the tractors to pile snow or tight areas . 99% is done with the trucks . Residential is an after thought , I have 10 drives that are in between parking lots , they pay per push . I have a 100% satisfaction guarentee , or double your snow back .

I did have 1 PIA customer who refused to pay for the last plowing , unfortunatly there was 1 more late storm . Somehow a whole lot of snow ended up in his driveway entrance .

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #7  
I am thinking to start a snow removal business this spring. Got two diesel compact tractors with 36hp and 46hp. Just wanted to know where I can find the perfect option for small clean up jobs.Thanks in Advance :)

Haven't you heard, no snow this year, lawn tractors is where it's at now.:)
Be prepared for long nights and early mornings.
If the snow gods are listening, please take it easy this season.:D

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use?
Well that was quite interesting stories to read here…especially CJONE, PILOON, Sprinklerman and others. Thank you all for helping me to decide what’s in it with snow cleaning jobs. I find Backhoe snow pusher to be of good use. Any other make and model that could be a great option?

/ How many types of snow pushers are there for commercial use? #10  
Well that was quite interesting stories to read here…especially CJONE, PILOON, Sprinklerman and others. Thank you all for helping me to decide what’s in it with snow cleaning jobs. I find Backhoe snow pusher to be of good use. Any other make and model that could be a great option?

With commercial use just find something that fits your needs and is well built. If you can't weld find a friend that can. Both for repairs and to modify to your needs. Keep your equipment in good shape, it will save you a lot of last minute "late night" repairs. CJ