How much are you paying for steel siding/roofing?

/ How much are you paying for steel siding/roofing? #11  
local supplier in hillsboro ohio quoted 2.02 per ft for 36 inch panel last summer

/ How much are you paying for steel siding/roofing? #12  
Actually I'm in Northwest Jersey so Allentown is not a bad ride at all. South Jersey is often thought of as the more rural part of the state, but Hunterdon, Warren, and Sussex Counties in the Northwest actually contain most of the actively worked farmland in the state. Thanks for the tip!
I lived in Belvidere for a time so I know the area well actually. Kistler stocks or can order anything pole barn. They have a Perma Column franchise/manufacturing facility also if for someone wanting to go that route.

/ How much are you paying for steel siding/roofing? #13  
In my case, the shipping was 100% flawless... and I was the last delivery (of 15 or 20) on the driver's week-long delivery run.

I cannot imagine trying to haul 16, 20 or 24' metal myself.

This was me right after I picked the load off the manufacturer's rig.

Everything was packed very nicely. Each trim profile was wrapped separately. My tins were protected by some scrap tins on the top.

IMAG0245_zps267cbade.jpg
Per your photo, the length of your metal was not hard to handle. The difficulty comes with the long lengths which can be damaged by your standard fork lift widths for unloading. Anyone ordering tin needs to be clear on who is responsilbe for what at delivery.

As you mentioned, a scrap cover sheet is usually on top for protection. To an extent, a pack of tin is sturdy enough to stick out a little without support. Sometimes you can put long 2x's down towards the back of the trailer to negate the flex. You would have to place some dunnage under the front area to level the pack of tin. It's great when the strapping aligns when stacking packs else you might need to have extra 2x4's between the packs. This is one area where the chains need to be left in the box and the nylon straps are used to tie the load down.

/ How much are you paying for steel siding/roofing? #14  
Per your photo, the length of your metal was not hard to handle. The difficulty comes with the long lengths which can be damaged by your standard fork lift widths for unloading. Anyone ordering tin needs to be clear on who is responsilbe for what at delivery.

As you mentioned, a scrap cover sheet is usually on top for protection. To an extent, a pack of tin is sturdy enough to stick out a little without support. Sometimes you can put long 2x's down towards the back of the trailer to negate the flex. You would have to place some dunnage under the front area to level the pack of tin. It's great when the strapping aligns when stacking packs else you might need to have extra 2x4's between the packs. This is one area where the chains need to be left in the box and the nylon straps are used to tie the load down.

My tins were only ~16'. But in 26 gauge. With the pallet forks spread, and the center line clearly marked by the factory, it was an easy pick and carry. I think out to maybe 22-24' it would still be okay without some bracing. The trim bundle on top was a full wrap rake box profile in 26 gauge at 20'. They were absolute beasts to get into place on the roof.

The dealer and mfg I worked with offer full-service delivery options. I think it's $100 for them to fork the load. I'd do it in a heartbeat on a larger job for sure.