How much compressor for a grease gun

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #11  
It takes very little CFM to run a grease gun. This is one of the easiest things to run. I would think the tankless would work.

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #12  
I use a small co2 tank from welding supply + regulator run air tools and/or fill tires and grease equipment in the
field when I do not have a compressor near. It will last a long time if just used for a grease gun.
Billk

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #14  
It you really want to use an air grease gun, it's no problem. Just get yourself one of those portable air tanks. Fill it up before you leave and you can shoot grease all day.

Billy

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #15  
Use Nitrogen, NOT Co2. Co2 causes corrosion, Nitrogen doesn't.
Nitrogen is what race pit crews use instead of compressed air.

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #16  
Agri-Supply has a full size one-handed model. Has a squeeze type grip.

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #17  
Rick, at one time or another, I think I've had just about every kind of grease gun there is, except the battery powered ones. I got a lot of use out of the little one handed one you're talking about, and I've sure used the full size lever action ones a lot. And maybe my experience has been unique, but the full sized one handed ones I've seen didn't seem to last very long. And of course, my first choice is the pneumatic guns as long as I'm close enough to my air supply.

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #18  
I was just going to suggest, Harbor Freight has Lincoln 12V powered grease guns. I wouldn't waste a dime on those smaller compressors. I use a heavy duty 80 gal Quincy in my garage and a light duty 80 gal DeVilbiss for the house. Compressors are like tractors. Once you buy one, you realize all the other things you can do with one, THEN realize how much bigger a one you should have bought in the first place. My place is rough and I cut down turf tires on my lawn tractor all the time. BC (before compressor) I had to jack it up, remove the tire and bring it to town. Now I drive it to the garage, fix it with a plug kit from Wal-Mart and blow it up myself - in less than five minutes I'm back out mowing. When it's dusty, I blow the radiator and air filters out. And yes, all the air tools including sand blaster. It goes on and on. Tractors though are a lot more fun!
Pacesetter

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #19  
I wasn't worried about a powered grease gun, I really hate messing with grease cartridges. Every time I go to grease something I have to change a cartridge and that sucks. I ordered one of the gallon sized grease rigs from MacNaught and ended up with this at the same price. They figured it was cheaper than air freight back and forth from Austrailia. :)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.macnaughtidaho.com/cgi-bin/checkitout/checkitout.cgi?macnaughSTORE:DonWerstCKIE:prod103560+/>greasegun</A>

/ How much compressor for a grease gun #20  
Ditto on recomending this type of gun. Plews is a good brand. You will spend less time greasing your tractor with this gun than it will take to uncoil, clean, and coil your air hose, and the power source lasts about 80 years I hope.

For rual use compressor, Emgol (now Dewalt) makes a 5'5 hp engine powered air compressor that is hard to beat. About $800, they seem to last about 6 years in the back of a pickup. Much longer is you store them properly and maintain them. It puts out lots of air and can be taken right to the flat.